Monday, June 11, 2012

Thinking of God's help in past

Pam Padgett ... teacher

While thinking about ways God has helped me in the past when I've had to deal with difficult people and situations, it strengthened my faith in God to help and keep me now. 

I was reminded of how David recalled that God had delivered him from the bear and the lion.  Because of this, David knew that God would be able to deliver him from the hand of Goliath, regardless of what Saul said. 

1 Samuel 17:32 And David said to Saul, Let no man's heart fail because of him; thy servant will go and fight with this Philistine. 33 And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.


We often have thoughts similar to what Saul said to David here ...  telling us we can't possibly do what we believe God has told us to do.  But if we are truly following God in the matter, we are well able to do whatever He leads us to do.  

God helps and enables us now just as He has in the past. 

1 Samuel 17:34 And David said unto Saul, Thy servant kept his father's sheep, and there came a lion, and a bear, and took a lamb out of the flock: 35 And I went out after him, and smote him, and delivered it out of his mouth: and when he arose against me, I caught him by his beard, and smote him, and slew him. 36 Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God. 37 David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee.


=======================================================================