Friday, June 8, 2012

Being a friend to sin by friendliness

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Romans 13:14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

We are to put on, to dress, in what we have been told by God.  Rather than going along with what the flesh wants, we allow our minds to be conformed to what God has said and go in that way. 

Recently I had been making plans to spend time with relatives who plan to come to Colorado Springs next month.  One of these relatives is my niece who is committing fornication.  God gave me a dream showing me I would be encouraging her in the fornication, and even participating in the fornication, by being friendly and welcoming to this niece.  Here's the dream:  A young woman was in bed with a man she wasn't married to.  Then she came to where I was and I was encouraging her in her relationship with this man.  I was also in bed with a man I wasn't married to. 

2 John 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

God's view on this matter is shown in this dream.  This is what I needed to put on in this matter, believing these things, and allowing my mind to be conformed to what God has said, rather than going after what my flesh, and the flesh of my relatives, wanted. I told my sister I would not spend time with them, and why. 

Flesh seeks to be around flesh.  Flesh seeks approval from others and to approve others.  The flesh wants to fulfill its own desires, not the things of God. 

Galatians 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.


Daily each of us need to dress in what God has given us, allowing our minds to be conformed to what God has said, conformed to the image of God.  Not attending to the flesh, but to the Spirit.
=================================