Wednesday, June 20, 2012

When men defraud you ...

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In 1980, I published 2 small booklets.  One booklet sold out almost immediately.  Unknown to me at the time, the publisher reprinted the booklet and sold the second printing in churches without telling me.  He apparently kept the money for himself.  He was a minister and owned a publishing house for Christian books.  I did learn of this second publishing and I considered what he had done.  I decided to do the following.

Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints? 2Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 4If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church. 5I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren? 6But brother goeth to law with brother, and that before the unbelievers. 7Now therefore there is utterly a fault among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded? I Cor. 6

I believed it was the will of God for me to do nothing and just "take wrong" and let him have the money.  I didn't say anything. 

The 2nd printing was in 1981.  Very soon after that, God said to me, "The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God."  Over and over I heard this.  I had been speaking at a church in Hobbs, New Mexico (USA), and was returning home when I heard this.  I knew it was a scripture.  I looked it up. 

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men’s matters. 16Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.   I Peter 4

At that time, God showed me sins being committed by various ministers, among them Robert Tilton, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker ... I delivered messages to them urging them to turn from their sins.  Eventually they were exposed before all nationally in public TV newscasts.

I was also brought out of the faith moment church groups and God began showing me problems with their doctrine.  One major problem is they teach all good is from God and all bad is from the devil.

Concerning Jesus and the crucifixion ...
Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 54Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.  Mt. 27

The faith moment would have taught an earthquake to be bad.  But this earthquake turned the centurion and others to God. I saw that we, of ourselves do not always know good from bad.  Therefore this faith movement doctrine could not be correct.  I also saw other problems with the faith movement doctrine and I spoke about these doctrine problems on radio coast-to-coast.  I had once been relatively well known in that movement and overnight I was despised for that which I spoke showing errors in the doctrine. 

One thing, I remember thinking at the time that publisher (who was faith moment preacher) would no longer try to sell my books as he had done for my name was now poison in the faith moment so he wouldn't dare print and sell them.  I laughed.

That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. 7For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. 8He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit. I Thess 4

As I thought through all these things, I thought of how those who follow God and do HIS will appear with Christ in glory.  And I prayed that I would be one of those who appears with Christ in glory.

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Col. 3


When we try to do things according to the will of God, we set our affection on things above.  We are interested in pleasing God while we live on this present earth.  This is more important than the money or fame we might gain if we go another way.  And like Jesus, we endure various things on this earth because we do not want to deny the scriptures.

==================================