Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Worshipping God in spirit ...

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.  Jn. 4:24

Since we have been writing on internet and sharing various experiences we have had with God by HIS Spirit, it has made God as a Spirit more real to me.  We can see the scriptures in black and white and that is comforting.  But understanding God as a Spirit is another matter.  Stories which are strictly of God, by His will, showing HIS great understanding in helping us and HIS great power, show God as a Spirit and I find my worship of God "in spirit" has increased as a result of sharing and reading these stories.

Some of the examples which show God strongly are as follows:

------------------

Reported by John Rodgers ... (72 year old member of body of Christ)  ... John was considering building a storage building to house his things when he heard the following ... "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff?"

-----------------

Reported by Joan Boney ...apostle/prophet ... When my mother was alive, we would go daily and get take out food and which costs $5.30.  She waited in car and I always took the exact amount in so I wouldn't have to carry purse.  I took $5 bill and a quarter and a nickel.  I did this daily over and over.

One day, I looked in my purse and I didn't have a quarter and a nickel.  I kept searching through my change purse.  Then I heard:  "Three dimes will work."  I had plenty of dimes in my coin purse.  It was as if an angel of God was sitting behind me watching me in this "struggle" and reached out to help me.  I laughed and rejoiced.  God watches over us and cares for us and helps us... in the little things of life and in the big things of life.  With God nothing is impossible.  With God there aren't any "big things" as we see "big things".  Everything is the same with God and nothing is too hard for HIM and HE cares for us.

--------------------

Reported by Pam Padgett ... teacher ...

My older sister had been at college two years when I started attending the same school.  She dated a man who was a member of a fraternity, and had been invited to become a member of the fraternity's "women's auxiliary", assisting with fraternity social functions.  She was very excited for me to join the social circles she was in, and especially wanted me to meet members of the fraternity. 

The first week of school she invited me to go to a student bar where many of the fraternity guys gathered on Thursday nights.  I went, but found what was going on there to be so bad (lewdness, drunkenness, etc.) that I was unable to stay and walked back to the dormitory. 

A week or so later my sister asked if I'd go to an outdoor luau with one of the freshmen "pledges" at the fraternity.  The luau site was about 20 miles away near a river, and there would be a campfire.  The setting was very appealing to me, plus I was excited about having a date, and I agreed to go.

Then, a few days before the luau, my sister told me that arrangements had been made for one of the other fraternity guys to take me to the luau because my date would be spending the day at the luau site building a hut for us ... a young man I had never even met was building a hut "for us"! 

 Suddenly the reality of this luau became very clear to me.  This was not going to be people sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows.  The lewdness and drunkenness I had seen at the student bar was probably mild compared to what would be going on at this luau ... and I wouldn't be able to walk home.

I told my sister that I couldn't go along with this and did not want to go, but she kept insisting that it was too late for me to back out, that it was too late for this guy to find another date. 

I turned very strongly to God, asking Him to somehow get me out of this situation, but there seemed no way out.  At one point I  asked God to let me have appendicitis, preferring to be in a hospital having surgery than to go to this luau. 

The morning of the luau I woke up and checked to see if I might have any pain that might indicate appendicitis, and was disappointed that I felt fine.  I kept praying for God to somehow work this out.  Time was really running out!  When I looked outside, it was raining a little, but not much. However, the rain became heavier and heavier as the day went on. 

Around 2 pm I received a call from the fraternity guy who was going to take me to the luau site.  He told me how sorry he was to have to tell me this, but the luau had to be cancelled.  The luau site had been totally flooded, washing away all the huts that had been built, which would include the hut my date had built for us..  
He told me how many years the luau had been held at this same site (a lot of years), and that nothing like this had ever happened before. 

I rejoiced, knowing that God had delivered me!

--------------

Reported by Renee Bonfield ... evangelist


There is a coffee shop at the bottom of our street with two benches outside. The benches are side-by-side, with two arms touching.

I sat down on one of the benches and noticed a fly on the arm of the other bench. I tried shuing the fly away but he did not fly.

I tried tapping the arm of his bench. He didn't fly. I even blew on him but he did not fly.

However, he was able to walk. I said "can't you fly little fly?"

Then I prayed for him asking God to take care of him and not let him get hurt.

Then I turned to the fly and said "hang in there little fly. Help is on the way." Almost immediately he took off and was able to fly.
===========================================================================

Then there are the many dreams where God awakens us to HIS truth and shows us HIS view of the situation so that we can turn from our own way and be saved from the vanity of our own minds.

Pam Padgett ... Dream ...
A younger woman was in bed with a man she wasn't married to.  Then she came to where I was and I was encouraging her in her relationship with this man.  I was also in bed with a man I wasn't married to. 

God showed Pam in this dream that if she went to dinner with relatives where fornication was being "approved", she would end up approving this fornication by her presence.  This turned Pam from going out with these relatives as she had planned to do.  Pam wrote to her sister, explaining that none of them had shown shame over that which her niece was doing by living with a man outside of marriage and having a child with him.  Pam explained this is wrong in the sight of God.

-----------------

Joan Boney ... Dream

A meeting was going on ... I went into the room and sat down on chair at aisle.  A man was speaking to a group of people.  A second man rushed into the room and said, "Stop ... wait ... can't you see ... It's too late ... it's already begun."  I looked out the window to see what had happened.  Outside the window there was a warning system on a tall pole.  Poison gas was coming out of the warning system.  I was shocked.  The system that had been set up to warn us was being used to gas us to death.  I looked at the man sitting next to me.  His eyes were wide open.  He was looking directly at the man who was speaking.  He had a big grin on his face.  But this man was a corpse!  He was already dead!  I looked at the other people in the room and saw they, too, were dead.  And as I sat among them and listened to the man who was speaking, I felt myself beginning to dose off.

God was warning me about churches ... The system that should be warning us is gassing us to death.  Preachers are preaching a gospel to approve men.  They have removed or twisted scriptures which would cause those in the congregation to go in the way of God.  

This is especially true concerning subject of marriage/divorce/remarriage/adultery/fornication ...
Jesus said ... 32But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery. Mt. 

3 forms of adultery:
- man who divorces a faithful wife causes her to commit adultery if she remarries.
- faithful wife who divorces and remarries commits adultery
- man who marries divorced woman commits adultery

A substitute "gospel" has been placed in the pulpits ... and the warning has been removed.  This is the falling away described in II Thess. 2.  The falling away ... churches falling away from scripture ... This allows antichrist to reign in the congregation ... If we sit among them, we will fall asleep ... The only thing we can do is to get up and walk out while we are still living.
--------------------

The above examples show the pure power of God.

Often the intellect of man wants something complicated, scholarly ...  But the power of God is usually very simple and uncomplicated and those of us who belong to God marvel at the simplicity and wisdom God shows when we hear such examples as those given in this writing... And we worship God "in the Spirit" as we marvel at such stories.

These writings we publish on internet show the working of God and the power of God as we go about our lives on this earth.  Over and over, daily, we see God working in us.  And the daily exhortations are especially important to us as we see the approaching "Day of the Lord" ... I know I read these exhortations daily, usually even before I get out of bed each morning I read them on my e-reader ... And I often read these exhortations several times during the day ... and often I go back and read previous exhortations.  All this is helping me with my foundation as the Day of the Lord approaches.  I feel the base upon which I am standing has increased because of this.
========================================================================