Monday, January 25, 2016

Taking Thoughts Captive




Book 1

Taking Thoughts Captive


When I was born again, in 1975, one of the first things God taught me was ...

Taking Thoughts Captive ...

This is God's antidote to the poison of this world ...

A recent example:

A woman I went to school with, sent me a note along with a birthday card ...

In her note, she told of her grandson who just got married a few months ago ...

She told of her plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas with her daughter and her son-in-law and her grandchildren ...

She told of her husband's activities ...

I have no grandson, nor daughter, nor son-in law ... nor did I have any plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I was alone ... with no plans at all ...

IMMEDIATELY THE HOLY SPIRIT BEGAN SPEAKING THE FOLLOWING WORDS TO ME ...

... you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.  Col. 3:3

"That's right" ... I cried out ...


When other people look at me, they see no life ... no husband, no children, no grandchildren

But the truth is ... I am dead, though I live on this earth ... 

I died to this world when I was born again to God ... now my life is hid with Christ ... and they can't see it when they view me ...

I rejoiced in this truth from the Holy Spirit.  

(Otherwise I think I would have been pulled down by the note in my birthday card.)

Col. 3 ...  1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

When we view life on this earth through God's eyes, we are resurrected from the thoughts which otherwise plague us.


This is the basic principle of Taking Thoughts Captive ... to bring those thoughts into obedience of Christ, THE WORD ...

As a result, we rejoice in HIM ...


*****

These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)
                    


*****