Sunday, January 24, 2016

God Provides for both Man and Beast

Barbara Preston ... Member of body of Christ

There is a horse whose pasture is just a few miles from my house. I have always had a heart for this horse...praying for him, especially when the weather turns very cold.  Right now we are in the midst of a large snow storm.  I had prayed before the storm got here that God would have his owners remember his needs and asked God to please provide for him.

Yesterday, after it started snowing, I looked out the window and saw some small birds outside. Seeing them reminded me of the following scripture which was comforting...


Psalms 36: 6 ...O LORD, thou preservest man and beast.

 
Today it is still snowing and very cold.  As I looked out the window this morning, I saw many of these little birds in both the front and back yard, sitting in trees and flying around.  As I watched them, I thought about how God equipped them to survive in conditions that seem impossible and yet they not only survive but thrive.  It was again comforting to think about God's provision for them (and for the horse).