Thursday, March 31, 2016

Building Your House On The Word Of God





Book 10

Building Your House
On The Word Of God


Jesus says:

Man shall not live by bread alone, 
but by every word that proceedeth from the mouth of God.
Matthew 4:4

God speaks through scripture … but God also speaks to us through dreams, through thoughts given by Holy Spirit, through other people who carry a word to us from God, and by angels who can speak through dreams to us and also can shout into our ear words from God like a voice of a trumpet.

All of God’s words are equal in power and strength, whether a scripture or dream. The power is not in how the word is delivered. The power of God is the word itself.

We must live by every word that comes from God.

The purpose of this book is to awaken us to the voice of God, whether it is carried by scripture, by dreams, by another person, by a thought brought directly to our mind, or by an angel.

Our desire should be to build our house on the Word of God ... that house will stand the storms of this life.

Jesus says:

Mt. 7 ... 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not:for it was founded upon a rock. 

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it. 28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine: 29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.


Building Your House on the Word of God is a very wise direction to go ... this is the goal of this book.

Joan Boney 



Where is that in the Bible?


Many people who are really Christians, born again, people who even have the Spirit of God, do not build their house on the Word of God. 

Many Christians take in sayings of this world and even superstitions and quote such to other people and live by these worldly sayings.

This is not a secure way for Christians to go. 

The only secure way is to build our house on the Word of God and to refuse old wives tales and worldly sayings when such is not scriptural.

I want to build my house on the Word of God … I want to reject all else …  


A woman used to call me every week or so and ask me to go to lunch with her. This woman identified herself as a Christian although I knew she did not have the Spirit of God in her. She was very religious, going to her church weekly.

But she lived by superstitions and often quoted such to me as we drove along the highway. Each time she would say a superstition of man, I would reply, “That’s not in the Bible.”

She replied in anger: “I know that …”

(But she didn’t know that. The church she attended, Catholic, did not encourage the congregation to read the Bible. Some Catholic churches even teach their people they should not read the Bible. They teach that only the priests of the Catholic church are capable of reading Bible.) 

II Tim. 3 … 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 


I began speaking Bible to this woman and telling what God was doing in my life. I could tell she wanted to make it seem that I was doing that which she saw accomplished but each time she tried to do this I would stop her and say, “No … God showed me to do this.”

I once went to Barnes and Noble book store to see if the following scripture was in the Catholic Bible … 

Mt. 23:9, Jesus said … And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 

Amazingly that verse is in the Catholic Bible! 

This woman was out of town but I sent her an email, giving her this scripture and warning her about calling a person in church “Father”. 

I didn’t hear anything from her for about 3 weeks. Then I received an email from her “thanking me” for the message.

But I knew she didn’t receive what I said and I knew she rejected the scripture because she continued in the Catholic church and strongly professed herself to be Catholic and I’m sure she continued to call Catholic priests, “Father.”

God gave me the following dream about this woman. She was on an overpass, the kind of walkway over train tracks. She was in the middle of the walk way. I was watching her from below. She began to go down the other side of the overpass and on the way down, she fell. She was lying on the ground. In the background, a church was on fire. Fire was exploding from the roof of the building and out of the windows on both sides. Firemen were rushing to the building to try to put out the fire but there was no way this church building would be saved. 

Each time I said to her, “That’s not in the Bible,” I was saying: I want to build my house on that which is in the Bible. 


*****

These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)




*****