Saturday, March 26, 2016

Handle things through God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I received a very strange email from the company who mowed my lawn last season.  The email began by thanking me for choosing their yard spray service.  But I had not chosen their yard service.  I have contract with another company for this season and have even paid in advance for services under a package deal.

I sent this information to this company and told them I didn't understand.  There must be a mistake.

I received a reply saying I owe them $45 from last season.

When they sent this email, I saw they have an advertisement across the top of their letterhead saying, "Thank you for choosing our yard spray service."  I realized it was only their way of advertising.  It was as if we had "chosen them" but all it was is they were "thanking us in advance" and inviting us to choose them.  Very misleading and confusing.

I sent a second email telling them I had asked for a final bill at the end of last season.  (I did this deliberately for I wanted to end service with this company and I wanted to be certain I had paid in full for all services.)

Their reply:  "You did pay final bill but you still owe $45."

I could have allowed myself to become angry at this point, but did not.

I replied:  "Please send me a statement showing exact day mowing service was rendered."

Their reply:  "There was a mistake in our system and you do not owe anything." 

It does no good at all for us to allow ourselves to become angry over things like this.  These things are just part of this world.  When they occur, we are better off if we will just pray and hold our peace and calmly work through the matter.  They shouldn't happen.  But they do.