Saturday, March 19, 2016

God never forgets us

Barbara Preston ... member of body of Christ

Some time back we started giving our dogs little treats after they came back inside from their "bathroom" duties outside to try and encourage them to come when we call them to go outside, trying to train them to come as quickly as possible.

When we get back inside my Yorkie never forgets that he is supposed to get a treat.  He goes and stands near the kitchen drawer where he knows the treats are kept.  And he just stands there until he gets his treat.

He does this as soon as he gets back inside.  Even if I am slow in getting to the drawer...when I get there he is waiting for his treat.  And, if I forget about giving him this, he reminds me by just standing there, looking at me expectantly and this reminds me to give him the treat.

As far as I can remember, he has never forgotten this.

Strangely, this example with my dog made me think about how God never forgets us.  And in thinking about this, I was reminded of the following scripture...

Isa. 49 14  But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me.

15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.

16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
--------------
Comments by Cathy Varner

Your dog's behavior in this, how he always expected to get his treat and just waited there til he got it,  made me think of how this should be our attitude toward God....looking expectantly and waiting patiently.

A little while ago I was getting clothes off the line outside and it looked like one of my socks was missing.  I looked around outside, thinking maybe the wind had blown it off.  Praying for God to help me find it, but fretting as I looked. Then I realized I needed to be looking expectantly (with hope).  In awhile I remembered that I had previously taken some of the clothes in to dry inside and when I looked, there was the other sock.
-------------
Comments by Joan Boney

I really enjoyed this email about the clothes on the line and the dog.  This is the type of thing we should be sharing because this is where we live.  We don't live in high and mighty things.  We live in feeding the animals and taking care of the animals and in such things as the example of the clothes hanging on the line.

And I thoroughly agree that we should be expecting to see what God wants as we wait.

I think it is there and we are just waiting to see what God wants us to do and you have to wait patiently and then you have to move quickly when the door opens without hesitation.