Monday, March 28, 2016

Overcoming Through God: Chapter 6 / Book available at Amazon.com



Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Continue in the Holy Scriptures


13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them (We learned these things from God HIMSELF); 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Tim. 3)


My father and mother were not Christians.

I visited them in the early 80’s and when I opened the cabinet in kitchen, I noticed some Zodiac coffee mugs.

I had given these to my mother before I was born again.

My mother greatly admired horoscopes.

When I was a child we would go into town and each month she would buy the latest horoscope magazine and read my horoscope to me.

Without saying a word, I reached into cabinet and began removing these horoscope mugs. My mother was sitting there watching me.

I began putting the mugs into a paper bag.

My mother then began to talk, saying: “What are you doing …” (I said nothing. I just continued putting the mugs into that bag.)

My mother became more agitated and said, “NO! … I want to keep those … you gave those to me.”

I said not a word.

I opened door and went to alley and took the bag and beat it against the dumpster and threw the broken mugs into the garbage and returned to the house.

Without a word, I picked up my Bible and began reading the following aloud to my mother.

Deuteronomy 18 … 9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. 12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee. 

13 Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God. 14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the Lord thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

After I read this part of Bible, there was silence for a few seconds, then my mother said:

“I guess we’d better not do that any more.”

 With that, my mother was completely change instantly.

I believe she was born again when she agreed from her heart with the Bible and agreed for God to rule her way.

Later I received a letter from my uncle. He said, “Your mother has changed … She has really changed.”

That is exactly what happens when we are born again. We are a new creature.

II Cor. 5:17 … Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

A few months later when I saw my mother she said to me, “I want to have a faith like you have.”


My dad was a very strong self-made man, a very excellent physical specimen. He didn’t drink or smoke.

He said to my mother, “Joan has gone off the deep end in this religion.”

My dad had always supported me before in all things and my mother had fought me in what I did.

Now it switched and my mother replied: “No … she’s okay.”

My dad said no more about it. He was a soft spoken type man.

When he was 78-years-old he had a stroke and was partially paralyzed. I gave him sets of cassette tapes I had made for radio broadcasts.

My mother said my dad listened to these tapes continually.

He wrote to me at that time (he never wrote letters before this).

In his letter, he said, “Come see me … and we will go to church.”

I knew he had been born again.

I was given a dream from God that I baptized my dad.

Later I knew this baptism was a baptism of the Word of God which he had been listening to on those cassette tapes of the radio broadcasts I had made which he had been hearing. He died after that.

Both my dad and my mother were born again before they died.



These books are available in Kindle version and paperback from Amazon.com 
 Type Joan Boney in the Amazon search box to purchase these books

(We are allowed by Amazon under our publication agreement to post a portion of each book as a sample. If you would like to have the book, you can purchase it from Amazon.)

(Also available in paperback)