Saturday, March 26, 2016

Sharing in the church gathering

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Yesterday a man from Mogambi Church contacted me.  He said at church all they do is sing praise songs and pray ... He recognized their church group is not established because they don't know exactly what to do when they gather in the church.

I told him to ask people at the gathering to share "testimonies" of how God has helped them ...  To share what God has revealed to them about various issues ... To share scripture ...

The apostle Paul told us what to do when we gather in the church.  I also sent the following to Brother Joseph of the Mogambi Church.


 To: Brother Joseph:  Mogambi Church
From:  Joan Boney

The apostle Paul said, concerning the gathering of the church ...

I Cor. 14 ... 26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

(David said:  "The prayers of David are ended."  By this we see psalms were prayers, not just music.)

... 40 Let all things be done decently and in order.

The main thing is the Spirit of God was free to speak through anyone in the gathering of the church.  That person was free to share what God had given him.

Prophets are set in the church with an anointing from God "to judge" the word spoken.

If the word spoken is judged to be wrong and not from God, then the prophet must speak correction.

This keeps control in the church while still allowing individuals to share.  Some things shared may not be of God.  But we still allow them to share and if one of us judges the word spoken does not edify the church, then we must bring correction.

Women are not allow to disrupt the gathering of the church by asking questions:  Therefore Paul says, concerning women, "35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home:for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

So far as I can discern, there were women in the gathering of the church who were disrupting the church by "asking questions".

Paul did not permit this.

Philip had 4 daughters who did prophesy.  Prophecy is for the church ... so they would have to speak to the church to prophesy, instruct and warn the church, and this is permitted in the gathering of the church.

The main thing is in the church everything should be spoken to edify the church, build up the church in the faith in God, instruct the church in the ways of God, share the word given by God on the matter at hand.

And everything was to be decent and in order.

I consider that we, as the church, have a responsibility to God to share all that God has said to us as individuals.  Therefore I try to do this.


From Pam Padgett:  

I hope Brother Joseph does this and sends what is shared.

Reading this also reminded me to share a way I was helped by God.

Early this morning as I was first waking up I heard a woodpecker drilling.  It sounded like it was drilling on my house. 

Woodpeckers can drill through the exterior or the house making holes, sometimes pretty large holes.
 
In previous years, my house had siding.  One reason I changed the house to stucco was because woodpeckers were a yearly problem, drilling though the siding, and damaging the house. Sometimes they drilled holes high up on the house and I had to hire someone to repair the damage.  I tried various things to keep them away (they continued drilling).  When I decided to change the exterior material on the house to stucco, they stopped drilling. 

As I was waking up this morning hearing the woodpecker drilling, I started thinking of what I could do to scare it off. 

But then I remembered that God is over all things, even woodpeckers.  I think it was the Holy Spirit reminding me of this.  I turned to God and asked Him to stop the woodpecker from damaging the house. 

Immediately, the woodpecker stopped drilling, and I have not heard it since then.  And I was able to start the day in peace.  

(Comments by Joan Boney ... God gave Pam the faith to pray this and to go this way.)

From Joan Boney:

Yesterday I shared a story of how the Holy Spirit helped me during an attack from a man calling himself "pastor".

During that, I heard the following:  "God will give you a mouth and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to gainsay nor resist."  Lk. 21 

Here is the "wisdom" God gave me during this attack:

 This man said, "We have 2 Holy Sacraments in the NT Church."  (I could tell he was getting ready to strike at me so I quit reading his email and I began praying, asking God to help me.)

The Holy Spirit said to me, "The word 'sacrament' is not in the Bible."

I went to Bible and checked this and found the word 'sacrament' is not in the KJV Bible.  Church group who use this and say they have sacrament add to the word of God and pervert the churches.  The Catholic church say they have 7 sacraments.  Some protestant churches say they have 2 sacraments, baptism and "communion".  They call "communion" the partaking of crackers and grape juice.  But this is not communion.  Communion is partaking of the Word of God and eating and drinking the Word of God.  Crackers/grape juice have no power at all and nothing at all to do with Jesus nor with God.  It is just a fleshly approach to scripture as seen through the eyes of man.  This man calling himself "pastor" was ready to strike.  But his opening statement was filled with that which is not in Bible.

The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, spoke truth immediately ... no such thing as "sacrament" in the New Testament church.

Also no such thing as "2" of this.

Holy Spirit says:  Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.  Mt. 4:4 

The Holy Spirit brought God's truth about the subject and comforted me and established me in truth of God in the attack brought by this man.

The Holy Spirit is "The Comforter", the "helper", The Spirit of Truth.  What we hear from Holy Spirit is an anchor in the midst of evil brought to us such as that brought to me by this man in his email.  We abide in that brought by the Spirit of God for that is Truth from God.