Wednesday, March 6, 2024

πŸ’₯ New Testament prophets and the work they often do today.

Comments by Joan Boney:
 
On January 10, 1980, I was asleep in the night when a very loud trumpet like voice spoke 3 words into my ear.  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS"

Immediately, I jumped out of bed and wrote the letters "KWJS" on a note pad beside my bed.  I didn't want to get those letters mixed up for they appeared to be call letters to either radio or television.  I was waiting to hear from God concerning what HE wanted me to do in ministry.  I knew the 2 ministry offices to which I had been called by God, "apostle/prophet".  I had been trained by God for this work since 1975 when I was born again.  God had been teaching me by the Holy Spirit as I read the Bible.  

A prophet from our church had come to my small business to deliver a message to me which he said to be from God telling me I knew I was supposed to be in ministry but I was "dragging my feet" and still operating my small business in American Indian Arts.   After that I announced to my customers that I would be closing my business on July 31, 1979, to go into the ministry.  

For six months, after closing my business, I had been staying at my apartment in Dallas waiting for God to show me what I was to do in ministry when I heard in the night on January 10, 1980, the 3 words from what I believe to have been an angel of God.

After hearing these 3 words, "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS", I said to God:  "Are YOU telling me that I am to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."  Immediately I heard:  "Call the radio station manager."  So I did that.

I said to the radio station manager, "God might be showing me to go on radio.  How would you do that?"

The station manager said:  "Make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to me and if you fit our broadcasting, we will offer you a contract."

As soon as I finished the phone call, I got my tape recorder and kitchen timer and made a tape exhorting the church.  I took that recording to post office and mailed it the same day to KWJS.  

Within 5 days, I was broadcasting on radio KWJS, exhorting the church in things of God.

At that time, I was attending a church named "Word of Faith" (Robert Tilton, pastor) in the Dallas area.

One Sunday morning, from the pulpit, Bob said:  "Joan Boney is not a teacher.  She is a prophetess."

I was shocked.  I had never told anyone at that church that God had shown me I was called as a prophet and God had been teaching me what to do as a NT prophet for the previous 5 years.  God had also said to me, "I have called you and set you in the body of Christ as an apostle."  (I was very shocked.)

But after I was born again in 1975, I had been taken into heaven in the night while sleeping.  I knew I was with God and Christ and the Holy Spirit.  I saw no physical images.  It was an experience in the spirit.  At that time I was merged into the body of Jesus, made one with the Word of God, God and the Holy Spirit witnessing.

A few nights later the exact same thing happened again.

I came to believe at those two times, I was ordained in the 2 ministry offices to which I had been called and was being trained by God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God took me through the entire Bible to show me work of prophets.  

Concerning apostle, God showed me Acts 15, where apostles established doctrines for NT church.  I came to believe apostles in NT church had a special anointing to work with church doctrines and we were to help turn individuals and churches away from false doctrine and to present Bible doctrines from NT to try to turn them back to doctrine of Christ in Bible.

Prophets deliver messages of correction from Bible to church people who were going opposite to Bible.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

After going on radio KWJS, my pastor, Robert Tilton, came to me and said:  "Joan, you need to become a client of Michael Ellison Advertising Agency.  They can do you a lot of good."

(This was the first time I'd heard of a minister having an advertising agent.  Bob told me they represented him.  They had represented Jimmy Swaggart.  And they represented Kenneth Copeland and Marilyn Hickey.)

For a very few months I became a client of the Michael Ellison Advertising Agency.

They sent a man to discuss what they would do.  He said, "Jimmy Swaggart came to us because he was tired of having such small numbers of people attend his meetings.  We told him to preach less and sing more and his congregations changed in size from 400 to approximately 2000+ immediately."

They began to recommend things they would like me to change.  They wanted me to put on my envelopes and mailings these words, "Send me your prayer requests.?"  I said, "I don't want to do that."  They were shocked and replied, "But if you do this, when they send the prayer request, they are likely to put some money into the envelop with the prayer request."  (It was a fund raising gimmick!)  I never did this and I told them I could not do this, the people should pray directly to God through Jesus Christ and not through me.

They also told me this, "We can fill Soldiers & Sailors auditorium in Pittsburgh for you.  There is just one thing you have to do.  Never speak anything that offends anyone."  I replied, "But I'm a prophet.  Prophets carry messages of correction from God and we often offend people."

There were other things they wanted me to do and I could not do and would not do.

In about 4 months, I received a phone call from my agent.  He said, "Unfortunately  we have to release some of our clients and you are one we have decided to release."

I was devastated for I knew I was headed toward big time ministry as their other clients and I knew they could fill auditoriums for my meetings.  I had failed!

But God reminded me of this scripture:

Matthew 4

8 The devil taketh HIM (Jesus) up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth HIM all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto HIM, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.  (obey him)

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM only shalt thou serve.

I realized I had not failed.  I had passed a test!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

A year or so later, God said to me:  The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God.

I knew that was a scripture but I didn't know what God was saying to me.  

Then God reminded me of Jimmy Swaggart and how he had preached less and performed gospel music more in order to get bigger crowds.  

I felt God was showing me a sin that Swaggart did in this and I had a message to tell Swaggart to preach more and entertain less in his meetings.

I tried to get this message to Jimmy Swaggart but could not get past the office staff.

God then told me to give the message on my own radio broadcast which was on radio coast to coast by that time in USA.

I gave the Swaggart message on my radio broadcast and the first thing that happened is I was put off the 2 radio stations which were owned by Swaggart:  Dallas (KWJS) and Houston

About 1/2 of my radio stations then put me off the air.

The radio station manager in Seattle was waiting for me when I had a meeting in Seattle.  He said, "Joan ... you have many 'good' messages.  Just speak those messages.  If you keep speaking these judgment type messages I don't know what is going to happen to you."

Immediately the Holy Spirit said through me:  "George ... if I don't speak the message that I believe to be from God, then I don't have a message and I may as well be off the air."

They put me off the air.

It was a very hard time for me.  Almost my entire staff quit.  My best friend came to me and said, "Joan ... is there any way you could be wrong?"  I replied, "No."

Hate mail poured into my office from Swaggart followers. 

God showed me other big time ministers who were committing various sins.  I carried corrections to them also.  No one repented.

Persecution increased against me from church people and from ministers.

The people who should have loved me hated me and withdrew financial support from me.  About 1/2 of my radio stations continued to allow me to broadcast on their stations.

Offerings diminished so drastically I had to reduce my broadcasts to Saturday's only.  I had been speaking Monday's through Friday's.

I finally decided to quit radio in 1984.  I continued with the radio audiences who were on my mailing list by writing weekly publications and by sending them cassette recordings of exhortations.

In 2012, in a dream, God showed me to start publishing a blog on internet.  I did that in March, 2012.  I was so surprised to receive 2 responses immediately from Germany.  I'd never considered this blog was international as is World Wide Web  (WWW).

I found I could publish books on Amazon so I began to write ministry books:  Taking Thoughts Captive; Dealing with Destructive Thoughts; Following God by HIS Spirit; Faith in God ... and other ministry books.  (On Amazon books went all over the world and they also gave free books away through Amazon free book program.)

In February, 2020, God told me to start exhorting the church on Podcasts.  It only cost $100 per year to acquire a podcast host.  There was no time limit and I could speak as long as the message required.  The messages were never censored by anyone and I was free to speak whatever I believed to be from God.  The podcasts traveled all over the world instantly by Internet.  And each message was available on archive so people could hear that message a week later or a year later.  Unlike radio, it was not just a one day broadcast!  It seemed to me to be much better than radio.

I did not know Jimmy Swaggart was committing fornication at the time I warned him to preach and cut back the music entertainment.  But I did have a message from God to send to Jim Bakker on adultery.  I didn't know Bakker was committing fornication at the time with s secretary Jessica Hann though later she told the story on Playboy Magazine.  Baker was convicted by world courts of overselling rooms at his Christian Theme Park and was taken to prison for doing this. He and wife, Tammy Faye divorced and she remarried.  Then she got cancer and died.

The Assembly of God church defrocked Jimmy Swaggart when he was caught with a second prostitute in the early 1990's.

There were other ministers also that God showed me to deliver warnings to.

This is the work often done by prophets of God.

Matthew 23  Jesus says: 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

And Jesus said:

Matthew 23

33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

38 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

What happened to me was not strange at all.  The churches always killed the prophet who were sent to deliver messages of correction from God to them.

This is the way God uses HIS prophets in the church.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

As for me, God arranged for the end of my life to be even better than the beginning as HE did for the prophet Job.  

(Job 42:12  So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning:)

And soon it will end for each of us.  Those who served God and obeyed HIM will be rewarded eternally and those who did a ministry for reward will be judged by God for eternity.

The Word of God and how we handled The Word of God is all that matters.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯