Thursday, March 28, 2024

Podcast: Though our outward man perishes, the inward man is renewed day by day. (2 Corinthians 4:16)

 
 
 
 
If you are born again, hopefully you have learned to focus on something other than your physical body as the world does.

I go to physician assistant once a year in order to get a prescription for Ambien sleep aid.  Other than that, I will go in if I really need help with something and can't take care of it with standard over the counter medicine in a reasonable time.

I'm 86, and most of the time, I don't have to go to medical office except once a year.

But I have learned to pay very little attention to my human body.  Usually it gets well by itself after 2 or three days.  I think God created it that way.  I don't do "preventive medicine", because I don't want to do it.  I don't believe in it.  I have the right to choose.  So I choose.

But being a real Christian, I'm really not afraid to die.

Recently I was so depressed by something a church woman did, I asked God to let me die.  But God didn't and HE caused things to help me recover.

Remember how Elijah asked to die when Jezebel was after him?  But God had an angel cook him a meal out in the wilderness and after Elijah ate, things looked better to him, and he kept doing the work of a prophet of God.

The outward man usually perishes.  I really don't consider this to be a big deal as some church people do.  So what?  Life doesn't end just because we die!

There is an appointed time of 70 years life in Bible, but some live longer.  Many are already well past that 70 year time and they try to hang on as if they were 20.  I consider this foolish and I choose not to do this nor do I choose to put myself into the medical system thinking to extend life.

I only want to live as long as I can exhort the church.  I've asked God to let me die the day I can no longer exhort the church.  (I'm 86.)

My PA thought I might be having heart attacks and she offered to administer an EKG to find out.  I thought about her offer, and then said, "I don't think so."  (I don't want to be caught up in this.)  If I die, I die.  I learned to take aspirin when the pain struck and in a few days it stopped.)

I've met people who can't do anything much but think about their bodies.  That is a trap I really do not plan to participate in.  

(Of course if the pain got bad enough, I might ask for some pills until I could die.  So far, that hasn't happened.  But I'm not trying to live on this earth.  You have to know what your goal is.)

πŸ’₯  My goal is to make provision at my house where I can read more Bible.  I'm totally uninterested in going for a walk or things like that.  And I eat what I want to eat.  I don't mind looking like the homeless woman who can't walk. Sometimes if we do go out in the car, I put make up base over the brown blemishes that have appeared of late on my face.  Sometimes I even put on light lip-stick.  Why not?  But I don't focus on fixing my flesh.  I just cover up a little!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯