Sunday, March 31, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


Joan Boney

Turn to God in prayer and depend on God to cleanse your heart and to renew your spirit when you are offended.  God can do this and will do this for us when we want to be cleansed.

One time, a woman told me how she was offended by a woman at a secular job.  More than 20 years had passed and she was still holding onto the offense.

Instead pray, asking God to create in you a clean heart and renew a right spirit within you.  Psalm 51:10

I don't believe I would know how to cleanse my own heart, except when I trust God to do that for me I know HE will.  God is our only hope!  And if we hope in God we will never be disappointed!

Being dead to sin and alive to God through the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 5:16 ... Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

If we hear what the Holy Spirit brings to our mind and we choose to do what HE tells us we will not go in the way of our own flesh and we will overcome by the Spirit!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Hebrews 13:18  Pray for us: for we trust we have a good conscience, in all things willing to live honestly.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
 In October 2022, after being diagnosed with high-grade, muscle-invasive bladder cancer, I was told that without treatment I would be dead in 1 year, 2 years at the very most. The recommended treatment was 4 rounds of chemotherapy followed by surgery to remove my bladder. I would be in the hospital 3 days after surgery, and it would take 6-8 weeks to fully recover. Then, for the rest of my life, I would need to deal with man-made alternatives to having a natural bladder. 
 
There was panic at first, with ideas of various things that would need to be done to prepare for all of this. 
 
But when I prayed, I was reminded of what we're told in Matthew 6:34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. 
 
So I tried to just focus on what was immediately in front of me, what I needed to deal with each day.
 
During this time I also asked God if there was any way I might be spared bladder removal, and HE drew my attention to information from the American Society of Clinical Oncology concerning the type of bladder cancer I had ... “An approach using chemotherapy with radiation therapy may provide the same benefits as bladder removal.” 
 
I came to believe this was God's answer to my prayer about being spared bladder removal. And God led and helped me in getting the treatment plan changed to chemotherapy with radiation instead of chemotherapy with bladder removal. This treatment was completed by mid-January, 2023, and there has been no sign of cancer through 3 series of extensive tests since then. 
 
All the things that seemed to be needed to prepare for the future in October, 2022, were not needed at all. There was no surgery and recovery.  There was no change in the way my body functions.  
 
I was spared much unnecessary work and trouble by being given Matthew 6:34 and seeking to do what we're told in this. 
 
As we've been preparing for the home church meeting at my house this coming July, I've been reminded of what happened in this and of Matthew 6:34. This has helped me focus more on just what needs to be done "today". 
 
And I often find myself starting the day by asking God to direct what I do that day, knowing that HE knows what is needed and that it will be sufficient. 
 
Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established. 
 
Psalm 37:5 Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in HIM; and HE shall bring it to pass. 
 
Things that seem, in my thinking, to be needed for the future may not be needed at all. But God know exactly what is needed and the best timing for each thing.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston

James 1:19-20   Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
 
20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

Philippians 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
 What a Friend

What a Friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear.
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer.
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear.
All because we do not carry 
Everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations,
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
In His arms (Word) He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
1 Peter 4:1  Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
 
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯