Wednesday, March 6, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily


(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


πŸ’₯  Joan Boney

I Timothy 6:17  Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, Who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

So often people get stingy when they retire or get older.  They trust in themselves and they are frightened that their earning days are over.

When God is our trust, HE shows us what we can buy and HE gives us faith to spend some of our savings as we reach the last days appointed to us on this earth!



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
Psalm 127:2   It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so He giveth His beloved sleep.
 
This scripture reminds me of when my son was in the hospital dying. We had a one hour drive in the morning and one hour to drive back home from the hospital. We went early in the morning and stayed until 8:oo at night. This was from the middle of May until July 5th when he died.
 
I was exhausted every day from the stress and the driving back and forth from the hospital. One thing I thank God for is I was able to fall asleep immediately at night and sleep completely through the night. That was a miracle considering everything I had on my mind.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Psalm 91:11  For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett

John 14:16   Jesus said ... And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever; 
 
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 
 
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. 
 
Because the Holy Spirit, the Comforter and Spirit of truth, has been given to live in us, we are never left without comfort. 
 
In looking at some definitions of the word "comfort", I found it means more than I had thought ...
 
comfort:
- to give strength and hope to; cheer
- encourage, incite (to righteousness)
- aid, help, support 
 
John 14:26  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
 
John 16:13  Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. 
 
I Corinthians 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
I have a funny (as in humorous) story that happened a while back which shows me how God watches over us at all times, and guides us no matter what we are doing, no matter how silly it may be. This is almost too embarrassing to tell but, I will, anyway. 
 
I had recently ordered some soup spoons from Amazon because I felt it would be nice to have a few more than I had. But when they arrived, I wasn’t sure I liked them. So I thought maybe I should return them and try and find some other ones. 
 
As I was thinking about this, for some reason, I became obsessed with the subject of soup spoons and busily began looking on Amazon for some more of them. I even started looking at what the length of the different spoons were that Amazon offered and measured the length of the spoons I already had. This seemed so important, at that moment, to get this matter taken care of. 
 
But, as I was doing this, I suddenly heard a voice (not a thought but a voice) say…"You have enough soup spoons."
 
As soon as I heard this, it snapped me out of my fixation with soup spoons and I put them away!
 
I knew it was God Who spoke this to me. 
 
What I was doing sounds ridiculous, and it was. But we humans can be such strange creatures, at times.
 
But, it is true. No matter what we are doing, God is always with us, watching over us, helping us, directing (and redirecting us), even when the subject is soup spoons.

(JB ... This is one of my favorite "Barbara" stories!)

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

1 John 2:15-17   Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.


  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   

When our children were younger we took a trip out west. At one point it was late and dark and we had somehow gotten off the main highway. We were out in a desolate area and I had fears of what we would do if the vehicle broke down. 

(JB ... Reminds me of the movie, "National Lampoon's Vacation.")
 
I prayed for our safety and that we would get back to the right road, and also that we would find a place to camp for the night. We did very soon get back on the right road and also found a campground. 
 
When we drove through I noticed little coves, campsites that looked so inviting, with lots of privacy. But my husband pulled up on top of a small hill and set up the tent there. At first I was disappointed but this turned out to be the best place for us to camp. It was very close to laundry facilities which I needed and a swimming pool. My husband strung up a makeshift clothesline and being up on this hill made it easy for the wind to blow through and dry the clothes. This place also had a little putt-putt golf for the kids to enjoy.
 
When we went swimming I commented to the lifeguard how perfect the water temperature was. (The day before we’d been to a lake that was about like bath water, not very refreshing.). She told me it was a miracle because usually they put in fresh water in the morning which is ice cold, but today they hadn’t done that.
 
All in all it was such a nice campground. And because we had already set our tent up and spent the night, we would’ve had to pay whatever they asked, but it turned out to be one of the least expensive places we’d been to. So thankful for answers to prayers and to be led to such a perfect campsite.

  
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton

Psalm 12:6   The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in the furnace of earth, purified seven times.  


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯