Saturday, March 9, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.

πŸ’₯  Joan Boney

I Corinthians 6:18  Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against "his own body".

I have thought Paul was warning us fornication was worse than all sins.  However I think Paul is saying fornication is the only sin that is against "his own body."  (I've never know whether the "his" is the person or if it should be a capital H as in God's own body.  But fornication makes the person to be one flesh with the fornication partner which has to be terrible penalty for the remainder of his life so long as that fornication partner lives.)

I Corinthians 6:15  And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by HIS  own power.

15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith HE, shall be one flesh.

Child abuse is to me such an abominable sin that it isn't even mentioned in New Testament so far as I know.  I will refer to it as an unspeakable sin.

After God brings a great blessing, devils will often rise up to destroy us.

Devil certainly would want to divide us from others who have THE HOLY SPIRIT.  We must not allow this to happen.

Ephesians 4

1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord (the Word), beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

When we both have the Spirit of God in us and we disagree, we can come back into the unity of the Spirit and the bond of peace through God.  Pam Padgett and I are same spirit in God.  Occasionally our flesh puffs up and we disagree.  But each of us turn to God and it isn't long before we are asking forgiveness and we go forward in the unit of the spirit.

6 One God and Father of all, WHO is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

God restores our soul.  (Psalm 23)

We work to overcome through God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern

James 1:3-4   Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin

I John 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Recently I became upset about something very minor, yet I didn't want to let go of my being upset.

I knew this was not good and turned to God, laying everything out before HIM including that I really didn't want to let go of this, and telling HIM I very much needed HIS help to overcome this.

Right away I was reminded of what we're told in  2Peter 3:10-14 ... But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 
 
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 
 
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 
 
13 Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. 
 
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless. 
 
This was immediately followed by a question brought to my mind, "If Jesus returned right now, at this minute, would you be in peace?" 
 
The answer was "NO". 
 
This cut right through to what is really important, being prepared for the return of Jesus. I no longer wanted to hang onto my fleshly feelings of being upset, changed immediately by this word. And I was able to go forth in peace. 
 
I'm so glad that God knows exactly what we need and how to help us. 
 
This also reminded me how important it is to live in peace.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

Luke 16:13  No servant can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
 
Several years ago I had some laminate flooring put in my den area of my house. The man who did the work had done a lot of yard work for me and assured me that he could do the work. Well I took man’s word for this, instead of praying. I got so involved in this secular job that I did not even think about praying about it. How could this be? Well I learned a valuable lesson after he left the job unfinished and owing me money for what he had not completed. The world came in and just took over my habit of praying about all things., particularly secular things. I lost my way with God and had to ask His forgiveness and to please not let this happen to me again. God’s answer to me at that time was Pray about ALL Things”. God reminds me often of this and I am so grateful that He is always there to help and lead and guide me. The devil’s always watching!
 
Psalm 32:8  I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go. I will guide thee with MINE eye.

 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
When I was pregnant with one of my children and very near due date, my husband’s brother and his wife unexpectedly came to visit. They were from out of town and decided to spend the night.
 
In the middle of the night I had to go to the hospital to have the baby. With my brother-in-law there, my husband could leave the other children at home in bed and take me to the hospital, no problem. I had an acquaintance in that town who had said I could call her to watch the other children when I needed to go to the hospital, but this way I didn’t have to bother her in the middle of the night.
 
I don’t think that had ever happened before, that anyone visited and spent the night. This was such a wonderful provision from God.

  
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton

Psalm 18:30   As for God, His way is perfect; The Word of the Lord is tried: He is a buckler to all who trust in Him.



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯