Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Podcast: Depending on God to clean my heart and my spirit

 

 
 
David prayed:

Psalm 51

1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to THY lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of THY tender mercies blot out my transgressions.

2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin

David asked God to do this for him.  I find it much easier to ask God to cleanse me than to try to cleanse myself, so I've begun doing this and found myself to be changed by God!

7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.

8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.

9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.

When I have "rubbed against the world" I realize some of the thinking of the world may have clung to my thinking so I often pray the following verse 10, and sometimes after praying verse 10, I will even have the sensation of instantly being cleansed by God and there will be such peace.  Nothing hides from God!

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from Thy presence; and take not Thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

I feel I have greatly changed over the past few months since I have been asking God to cleanse my heart and to give me a "right" spirit about that person who has offended me!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯