Monday, March 18, 2024

Podcast: Make provision to surround your mind with needed scripture. Gird up the loins of your mind. Make the scripture a part of you.

 

 
 
I Peter 2

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

We develop faith by our experience with God and also by the way we handle scripture.

Pam Padgett told me this last night:

For many years when a scripture would be called to my attention or stood out to me when reading the Bible, I would write that scripture out on a piece of paper which I kept in my pocket.  When I would be in the bathroom or at work waiting for a meeting to start or walking the dogs, I would take the piece of paper out of my pocket and go over some of these scriptures.  I kept adding scriptures to this piece of paper until it was full, then start another piece of paperSince having a smart-phone, which I keep with me most of the time, I have started keeping scriptures on it so I can review them easily.  

I always want the scripture to become a part of me, not just something I know in my mind, but something that is part of me.  

Pam was different from the others who were in our church group.  She had faith like I have.  I always wondered why.  I had been taken into heaven twice so I had a very big advantage, but Pam didn't have that type of thing happen like I did.  Yet we were the same.

Now I know.  We were handling scripture the same way, making those verses to be a part of us.

Joshua 1:8  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯