Saturday, March 16, 2024

πŸ’₯ When I felt weaker recently, I made provision for more Bible reading and was really helped after a week of this.


Comments by Joan Boney:

I read Bible on Kindle tablets.  But my tablets were filled with many things apparently making it slower to get the Bible to come up on the tablet when I wanted to read Bible.

So I bought 4 less expensive versions of Kindle tablet and put only the Bible on the unit and found it came on screen instantly when I tapped on the screen.  I put those units in bath area, by my bed, and by my TV viewing chair.  I found I began to read much more scripture and it really helped me after a week.

 (Also I plan to get a small Kindle for the car.) 

I have no doubt many of us need to make adjustments to encourage us to read more Bible in these days in which we now live.

I found also I corrected myself yesterday when I made a general statement, and I told the person to whom I made the statement I was wrong and shouldn't have said what I said.

Also there is a very quick dictionary which comes on screen when I hold my finger down on a word that is in the verse so I am looking up more words to see their meaning and it helps me.

It is good for us to take steps to encourage ourselves to more Bible reading to help us to overcome.

2 Timothy 3  Paul warns us:

1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯