Thursday, March 14, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily



(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.

πŸ’₯  Joan Boney 

Make provision to encourage yourself to read the Bible!

Galatians 6:1  Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

I realized I don't know exactly what a "spirit of meekness" is and I asked God to teach me.  I know only God can show us truth.  We can read verses and still not see through God's eyes.   We must depend on God to show us what these scriptures really mean and how to do what the Word says.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


πŸ’₯  Sandra Chupik

I recently bought a new car with Joan and Pam’s help … or I should say they arranged everything and the car was shipped to me in Lubbock … all I did was send the check. My old car was 22 years old and had none of the bells and whistles that now come standard with all new cars. So it was quite a shock when I realized I would have so much technology to learn. 
 
It was delivered to me last Sunday, March 3rd. It sat in the driveway all day while I was trying to figure out how to move it. The seat had been pushed all the way back so that my feet couldn’t reach the gas pedal. Pam had sent me instructions on how to adjust the seat and how to start it, but I was so panicked that I forgot where I had put those printouts. Finally I was able to get it in my garage just before dark. 
 
One of the first things I tried to do was open the gasoline cap, but I could not get it to budge. I prayed for help. The next morning, my neighbor was taking his trash out and saw me leaving to take my dog for a walk. He said he had seen a nice-looking car in my driveway yesterday, so I told him about how I had bought a new car, but couldn’t get the gas cap off. He offered to help, so I put my dog in the back yard while we looked at the gas cap. He was able to open it, so that was a huge relief, and he said to call if I needed help with anything else. 
 
After one week of talking to God about how overwhelming this new car was, and when I should sell my old car, the Holy Spirit gave me the firm concept that I needed to go forward, not backwards. 
 
On Monday, before going to CarMax, I asked God to please let a kind, easy-going person wait on me … and HE answered my prayer.  The young man who helped me was very easy to talk to and the whole process was quick and even enjoyable. 
 
After selling my old car, I immediately felt like a weight had been lifted, and I could now move forward in learning all the things about my new car. 
 
As I was writing this, the Holy Spirit reminded me of the time that I bought my old car in 2002.  I was planning on replacing my old Toyota Camry with another Camry, but Joan encouraged me to go up a step and get a Toyota Avalon … and I have thanked God many times that I did that … even though it had seemed too expensive at the time.  Remembering this, also helps me to go forward with joy and thanksgiving for this new car.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Proverbs 6
16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Isaiah 55:10  God says ...  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11 So shall MY word be that goeth forth out of MY mouth: it shall not return unto ME void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
Romans 8:35-39

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 As it is written, For Thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

Jeremiah 17:7-8   Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
 
I always want to remember to keep my focus on God as everything around me is in constant change and antichrist is always watching to quickly intercede if the opportunity presents itself. That is why it is very important to refresh myself daily with God’s Word. I need to always be prepared. The world is very cunning and inviting if I allow myself to step into it. That’s why Joan has always preached to keep myself close to God on a moment by moment basis. Any one of us can fail briefly if we are not staying within God’s presence constantly. I always try to keep that in mind for myself. That’s not to say that I don’t stumble every so often, however, God is always there to lift me up and help me and forgive me. I notice my life getting better every day with God’s help. This is a lifetime project as long as I live and I don’t want to fail. God has great mercy on me and I am very thankful for that.

 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
One time my son needed money for something at school, I think either a field trip or some sport item. It was due in maybe a week or 2. We didn’t have it right then to give him, but I assured him he would have it by the time it was due.
 
He was very worried about it, couldn’t seem to relax and trust that he would have it. At some point while dealing with this, the line from a hymn went through my mind : All of our worry is vain. I knew he would have the money by the time it was due, and he did.
 
I thought about how that’s like when we worry about something, when God knows that we will have it when we need it. And He has promised to meet our needs.
 
Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
  
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
Psalm 33:22   Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in Thee. ( The Word)



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯