Sunday, March 10, 2024

πŸ’₯ Strife is a terrible thing.

When we fight against evil, we must beware that we don't become evil.

Injustice is another thing that can cause us through strife to take on evil.

The Bible warns us:

James 3:16  For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

Quickly turn to God asking HIM to "restore our souls(Psalm 23)

Ephesians 4:3  Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Strife is one of the works of the flesh:

Galatians 5:19  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

This week I was talking by phone with a member of the body of Christ and almost before I knew it devils moved in to divide us on an issue.

It turned into a terrible thing.

I pleaded with God for HIS intervention.

Then all night, I heard a scripture concerning strife.

2 Timothy 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

I begged God to restore both of our "souls".

I asked God to teach me about "strife" that I would be warned, especially to stop.  I purposed to study the scriptures to enable me to walk in them.  And the next morning I read every scripture concerning both "strife" and "striving".

I know devils cause this when we will let him and he does it to divide the body of Christ.

And I know the truth of the following:

Joshua 1:8  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

I purpose to keep before me day and night the words of the apostle Paul on this matter so I will then be able to "do them" ... and I know God will help me, endeavouring to keep the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace.  (Ephesians 4:3)

Devils will not win for this scripture is truth:  I John 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Another trick the devil uses is "questions" to try to snare the other person.

The devil often came to Jesus with questions to try to lure Jesus into a net.  But Jesus was so connected with God, HE didn't allow this to ensnare HIM and Jesus over came the trap.

2 Timothy 2:23  But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

Titus 3:9  But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.

(I fell into this trap of trying to answer the questions that came at me.  But now I am alert to the need to meditate on the above scripture and to ask God to help me.)

Matthew 22  (They tried to trap Jesus with questions)

35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked HIM a question, tempting HIM, and saying,

(The question was not brought to Jesus to try to learn something but rather was a question brought to lure Jesus into a trap.)

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

41 While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them,

42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.

43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call HIM Lord, saying,

44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?

46 And no man was able to answer HIM a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask HIM any more questions.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯