Friday, March 18, 2016

Prayer

Barbara Preston ... member of body of Christ

Recently we had fish for dinner. The fillets were already fried. All I had to do was bake them in the oven for a certain period of time.

I did that, but, as I was eating my portion, I had a concern that I had not heated them thoroughly enough. There was a warning on the package about heating them to a certain temperature, internally.

I wasn't sure I had done that. For a few minutes, I ate my fish, but continued to worry that we would get sick if I had not heated them up enough.

Then I remembered to pray...asking God to please keep us from becoming sick by eating this fish.

After I did that, the fear went away and today neither my husband nor I is sick in any way.


Another example involving remembering to pray...

While I was getting ready for bed, I became concerned about a possible problem in the future.

As I was thinking about this, I remembered how Joan said that she took care of everything before she went to bed at night...not leaving anything hanging over her or undone.

So I stopped and talked to God about my concern, pouring out my heart to him. I didn't receive an answer last night but I know I left it with Him in faith.

When I woke up this morning, I was so glad I had done this. It is where it should be... with God...I know He is the only One who knows the future and knows how to reach us and work things out, if we have a need. And now it is off my shoulders and on His which is where our cares should be.

=====

John Rogers ... member of body of Christ

James 1:5 “If any of you lack wisdom let him ask of God who giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given to him”. I had an older 1992 Chevy pickup truck that I needed to get rid of even though it was a good truck. I needed to sell it or give it away or have it hauled off. I didn’t know what to do. So I started praying for wisdom from God. My wife just informed me that I started praying a little over a year ago. I prayed off and on over the last year. Linda would ask me if I had heard anything to do about the truck and I would answer “not yet”. Last Saturday I got a phone call from my next door neighbor stating that he had been looking for a pick-up truck and couldn’t find anything he liked. His wife said “Why don’t you call John about that old pick-up in his driveway?” The truck was dirty from sitting, covered in pine needles, broken window between cab and bed and would not start, etc. So my neighbor came over looked at me and said “I’m going to run down to the bank and get the money for the truck “. I told Linda and she was stunned. After a year of praying for wisdom, God supplied and it was so easy. It reminded me of the story that Joan told years ago about praying for wisdom concerning her kitchen in one of her houses was too small for her & her mother to work together at the same time in the kitchen, and I believe Joan prayed off and on for about 4 years for the answer to the problem, then the answer came. Joan said in an email some months ago that God will send people to your front door with the answer if God has to. God makes it easy for us whatever we need. Just pray, “Pray without ceasing to pray.” 1 Thess. 5:17 comes to me.

=====

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In 1990, I had a house built for my mother and I. The plans were drawn for the house but unknown to me the contractor changed the size of the kitchen and garage to get the house to fit onto the lot. When we moved into the house we found a very small kitchen and a garage that would not hold two cars.

It was almost impossible for two people to try to work in the kitchen at same time without running into each other. I began praying immediately. I couldn't see any way to correct the problem.

Over and over I prayed about this problem

This went on for approximately 4 years. Each time we were in the kitchen and began having difficulty I would pray, asking God if there was anything I could do to ease this problem.

One day I went into the kitchen and it was as if a light went on in my head and I knew a relatively simple way to take care of the problem.

There was a walk in pantry in this small kitchen. I moved the pantry to the attached garage and put the refrigerator in the space where pantry had been located. This gave space to add about five feet countertop. When this was done we had no problem being in kitchen at same time.

=====

Juliett Walton ... member of body of Christ

I got up this morning and got ready to go out, but thought I needed to check my back account to verify a deposit. When I tried to sign in the same way as I usually do with ID and password, I could not get into my account. Read letters appeared near the top of the screen that my account had been blocked for security reasons. To get into my account, I needed my bank account number and pin #. I panicked asking what happened? Had been using this online account for years with no problem. I frantically started looking for my pin number which I don't use. I prayed asking God to help me find that number. I looked through stakes of papers praying asking for help. I found one pin number but it was not for that account. Then it come to mind just go to the bank. I needed to get groceries today and the bank is on the way. Anyway I am calm now. It is good to know that God is my helper and knows exactly what I need.

Thank you John for James 1:5 and also to Barbara for remembering to pray.

My bank visit turned out well. A very pleasant young man was there to help me. He went over the new requirements for banking online passwords. He also corrected my email address and reset my pin number. I thank God for His Help.

=====

Pam Padgett ... member of body of Christ

I needed to see about getting the paperback book title "Faith" removed from Amazon since we have changed the name to "Faith In God" and that is now also on amazon. I didn't know who to call on this and prayed. Was reminded of CreateSpace, the paperback publishing people which is part of amazon. The woman I spoke with said this couldn't be done. But when I asked if there might be some one to talk with at the main amazon company, she suggested 2 departments at Amazon, neither of which I had ever talked with.

As I called one of those departments I prayed asking that whoever I spoke with would be helpful. A young man took the call. It was interesting because from the questions he asked and my answers to them it was obvious that he easily could have said he couldn't help me.  But he seemed to really want to help.

For example at one point he said that the book's author needs to request a book to be removed. I explained why I had called but also asked if Joan could call this department directly if that was required. He paused then said he would move on without her needing to do this. He said he would document why I had called instead of Joan.

He did some research then said that he would submit a request to the proper people to remove the book. He thinks they will do this but said he would set this up so they notify me of what is decided.

When I got off the phone I remembered having prayed about this and thanked God for how helpful this young man was.

======

Sandra Kern ... member of body of Christ

Monday night just before going to bed I remembered I needed to call the IRS. Immediately I
began to fear what are they going to say and how will I ever get through their phone lines
this time of year. Then I remembered just STOP and give it to the Lord. Before going to bed
I called IRS to find out their hours for next day. I determined to get up before 7am to start
calling. I awoke about 6:54 and dialed at 7:00. I actually got through my first call after punching
about 6 numbers to actually getting a human. She helped me with what I needed to know(my
tax preparer hadn't told everything exactly correct) . Everything has been worked out and I a
thankful I didn't sit around and fret over something I couldn't do anything about it anyway.

=====

Barbara Preston ... member of body of Christ

In the past when my dogs have had their teeth cleaned, the vet's office calls the day before it is scheduled with the instructions for that night...concerning food and water.

The day before they were to go in to have this done, I wanted to verify the instructions earlier in the day. I called the vet's office and the person answering the phone said one of the techs would call me later in the afternoon with this information.

I didn't want to push this or argue so I said okay.

But I really wanted to get this information earlier than I thought they would call me. I called again...but prayed first...asking God to please let me talk to someone who could help me and also that if I talked to the same person as before, that she wouldn't be annoyed with me for calling again.

When I called, the person who answered the phone (it may have been the person I talked to earlier that day...not sure) but she said someone would normally call me later that afternoon...but she would be happy to go over the instructions with me right then...and then take my name off the afternoon "call list." There wasn't any problem.

So happy I prayed before I called the second time.