Sunday, January 17, 2016

When you have a talent, it is very important to pray for God's help

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Most of us remember to pray when we don't know what we are doing.

It is equally critical to pray when we are working in a project where we have a special gift, a talent.

I have always been a writer.  It is easy for me to write.  I've often been told I have a talent for writing.  That talent is God given and not of myself.

Recently I was challenged to write a project introduction letter for AARP to introduce the book Pam and I have been working on for several weeks about using a Kindle 5.  Pam had written the information in the form and she asked me if I would look at the form before she sent it to AARP and check the writing.  I had her email it to me.

Before I began looking at the form, I prayed for God to help me both see what should be there and help me write anything that needed to be written.

When it was finished, I thought it turned out very well.  So did Pam.  I told her I prayed and considered that I was led by God to write what I wrote and it was not of myself.

I was amazed at how God led me.

If you know it is God leading you in your talent which He gave you, how can you take pride in yourself? It was God who enabled you.

II Cor. 3 ...  5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;