Tuesday, June 12, 2012

God shows the way

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the early 80's, I was on radio from coast to coast in USA.  The monthly radio bills were substantial.  At one point, I heard the name of my office manager.  I was in Seattle at the time.  I picked up phone and dismissed her.  She had not been dishonest in handling the money but she had been very unwise, paying salaries that were much too high for our level.  She was in "faith" movement and she was paying these high salaries to bless other people.

She and another worker had been taking care of shipping cassette tapes to my meetings.  (To my shame, at that time we sold tapes to pay radio bills.  I would not do that now but I have more enlightenment now on that subject.)  After the office manager and her worker were released, the comment was made that I would find out how much I needed them when I had out of town meeting in future and also when I had to keep up the partner list.  (I never wanted partners either.  I'm ashamed to say I did the partner program because another minister said I really needed this to pay expenses.  I wouldn't do that now.)

A few days ago, this previous situation was called to my attention by the Holy Spirit.  I was thinking about "future" and what if I need to go to assisted living ... How would I be able to find assisted living home if I was in need of such?  Should I begin now (while I can still drive and get around) and hunt a place?

As I thought on this, I recalled the situation when I released office manager and worker.  There was no problem because I didn't go out in future and the partner program was disbanded.  So there was no need thus no need for the office manager and worker to keep these programs going since the programs were gone.

I felt strongly Holy Spirit was showing me I would not be needing assisted living in future.

While I greatly rejoiced in the concept that I would not need assisted living in future, I rejoiced even more because the Holy Spirit spoke to me about this at this specific point in timeIt meant to me that I "still" have the Holy Spirit in me.  Two days prior to this I did something which caused concern. I had rented 4 discs (13 episodes) of season 4 of the TV series, "Breaking Bad".  When I went to pay for them, I was shocked at how much the rental cost.  It was $14 to rent these.  But I was told, "If you return these tomorrow, you will receive a big credit ..."  about $10 credit.   As I drove home, I purposed to see all episodes and return the 4 discs the next day.  I heard, "The love of money is the root of all evil."  My reply, "Yea ... I know but I'm going to try to return these the next day."  I managed to see 9 episodes that day which left only 3 episodes for the next day.  I did return the 4 discs in time to get the credit.  But I was concerned over my action.  So it was great comfort to me when after this I had Holy Spirit in me rise up to counsel me.  I still have the Holy Spirit thanks to mercy of God!

(One other thing:  The day I watched the 9 episodes, I almost made myself sick.  I began to feel a little sick at my stomach by the time I got through episode 9)

===============================