Saturday, June 30, 2012

I know WHOM I have believed

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

It is important to be "established" if you belong to God.  Your family, your neighbors, your friends might think you are not of God.  None of this matters.  What matters is you have to know WHOM you believe.

Nor does it matter if others think you are of God.  You have to know.

You have to be "established" by God, between you and HIM.  That matters.

Paul said:  But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.  4For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. I Cor. 4

Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 12For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.  13Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 14That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.  II Tim. 1

There were people in Paul's day who did not think Paul was an apostle. We see this by what Paul wrote.

If I be not an apostle unto others, yet doubtless I am to you: for the seal of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord. I Cor. 9

Things happen to discourage us and to pull us away.

We cannot go by emotion, by how we feel. 

We have to go by that which God says, especially what God says in the Holy Scripture.

all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.  II Tim. 3

When we are discouraged or when evil men and seducers would pull us away from the way of God, we must just sit down with scripture in front of us and purpose to believe that scripture, knowing it is inspired by God.

We must not go by the way we feel.
=================================