Monday, June 11, 2012

The will of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently a minister invited me to come to speak to his church group on other side of the world.  I told him if they paid my travel, hotel, food expenses I could consider doing this.  But I said even if they paid expenses, I would still have to commit this to God and see what HE wanted me to do.  They might want me.  I might want to go.  But it still might not be the will of God for me to go.

A few days ago, another minister asked me to come to help him and he mentioned Paul going to help the man from Macedonia ...

And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him,  saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. 10And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.   Acts 16

When I was thinking about this, the Holy Spirit reminded me that Paul received this "in a vision" ... a supernatural event ... which Paul considered to be from God and which I consider to be from God.

That is an entirely different matter than another human "inviting" you no matter how appealing the invitation is to your flesh.

If God tells us to do something, if we have dream or vision or even many confirmations from God in other ways, then we have grounds to consider it to be God authoring the work.

And consider the characteristics of the wisdom from God:

if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. 15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.  16For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.  17But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.  18And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace. James 3

Jesus warned ... Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Mt. 7

Unless the "work" is authored by God, that "good" work is a work of iniquity.
=======================================================================