Thursday, June 14, 2012

Favor from God

Joseph Meriweather ... pastor

Several  years ago when I first was born again I was driving on the freeway and a state trooper pulled me over for a loud muffler on my car. He asked me for my identification  so I gave it to him . He went back to his car to check everything out.  Then he returned, asking me to follow him to his car and told me to get in the back seat.  I am wondering what is going on. I thought he was going to write me out a ticket. He told me there was a warrant out for my arrest. I said, "For what?" He told me, "For stealing parts off a van". Right away I started praying . 

I never was in trouble with the law. Then the state trooper said, "I have take you to jail". 

When I got to the jail they fingerprinted me. Then they let me make a phone call. After that they put me in large cell called the bull pin where there were ten other men. I cried out to GOD. I stayed in jail for 13 hours . My nephew bailed me out. I asked GOD what could have happen. After while the thought came to me reminding me of my brother who was in jail. At the time he was on drugs very bad.  I remember he used my younger brother's name when he got arrested. They picked up my younger brother one time. 

I had to get lawyer who charged $250 dollars an hour.  I found out the crime happen on Wayne State University campus. I went to the campus police station . I told them my name and this police woman said, "Do you have a brother?" And I said, "Yes". She said, "I will see you in court".  Also she said, "I don't want to send the wrong person to jail".  

When I went to court that day I kept hearing: You have found favor with GOD and man

Then this police woman came into court and walked straight over to me and showed me this picture and ask me, "Is this your brother?"  I said, "Yes."

I gave thanks to GOD . I was cleared of this charge . 

After everything was over, I began to be very bitter at my brother for using my name . I asked GOD to help me to forgive . I thought about some of sins I did in the past.  GOD had forgiven me . 

Matthew 6;14-15 For if you forgive men their trespasses , your heavenly FATHER WILL  ALSO FORGIVE YOU.. 15 for if you do not forgive men their trespasses,neither will your FATHER forgive your trespasses.

==================================================