Saturday, June 9, 2012

Keeping your heart

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Phillipians 1:3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, 4 Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, 5 For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; 6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:7 Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

As Paul was greeting the church at Philippi, he spoke of them being in his heart.


We are greatly affected by what is in our heart, and are even warned to keep our hearts with all diligence.

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
 

Recently I have been praying that God would remove from my heart those who cause harm and trouble to me. It's strange that these people could be in our hearts when they bring harm, but this can happen.

I've been reminded of what Jesus said ...

Jesus said that He prayed not for the world, but for those who belong to God ... John 17:9 I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.



Jesus said His friends were those who obey what God has said ... John 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Jesus said His mother and brothers where those who hear and do the will of God ... Luke 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Those who belong to God, hearing His word and doing it, are ones I want in my heart.

========================================================================================