Monday, June 4, 2012

Harm turned to good ...

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the 90's, I made a man mad.  As a result he contacted IRS and got them to audit me.  When the 2 IRS agents came to my house, the first thing they said was the name of this man.  That was a mistake.  They were looking at their file and said his name instead of my name so I knew he was behind this investigation against me.

I told the 2 agents that if there was anything wrong with my IRS report it was just an accident.  I told them they were welcome to take all ministry record books and all checks for both ministry and for my personal banking account.  They were very shocked that I said I would let them have these records.  The woman agent said to the other agent, "You heard what she said!"  (as if I had said something that could be used against me.)

As we spoke, the agent told me that they had no record at all of my paying social security tax.  I explained that when the ministry was set up, a former IRS agent who set up ministries had me sign a "vow of poverty" excluding the ministry from having to pay social security taxes on me.  Jack didn't want me to sign this for he said if I signed it I could never get back into the social security program and would never be able to get medical insurance (medicare).  But at the time, I was in my late 30's or early 40's and we were just starting out and I didn't want to put a burden on the ministry money so I insisted on signing this "vow of poverty".


But the IRS agent said there was no record with them that I had filed a "vow of poverty" ... Since there was no record, I had the option of signing the vow of poverty, or I could buy back into social security for approximately $8000.  Since more money was available at that time, I bought back into social security.  That also gave me medicare insurance.

At 62, I began drawing social security which amounted to about $550 a month.  Then through the years it increased to the amount it is today which is $754 a month.  This is what I live on today.  I do not take a salary from the ministry for I find I can live on the social security.  (My housing is paid by ministry.)

When I had accident approximately 2 years ago and was taken to hospital for surgery, I was in the government medical program (medicare) and had supplemental hospital insurance.  All costs were paid.

All these "benefits" came as a result of the man who was angry with me and turned me into the IRS thinking it would harm me!

And the IRS found no problem at all when they examined all my records and all cancelled checks for the ministry and for me personally.

All this reminds me of the following scripture:

But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.  Gen. 50:20

-------------------

Another IRS story .

Each year the ministry is required to file reports with IRS.  We have been doing this since we began in 1978.  And the required form for the IRS report stayed the same until approximately 2 years ago.  Unknown to me they added a form so that year when I filed the IRS papers that new form was not among the papers I filed.  After a few months I received notice that we owed a penalty because we did not file this form.  The penalty was over $2000.  I talked with IRS agent and when I told her the ministry was set up by a former IRS agent, she said she thought we should fight this penalty.  She said she didn't think we would have to pay it.


I prayed about it and after prayer decided to pay the amount rather than fight with IRS.  So I sent them a check.

About a month later, I received a check from IRS for the full $2000 plus interest.  I don't know why they returned it to me.  They enclosed a letter saying the case was not yet closed.  I wrote them and told them what a mental hardship this was for me.  I paid them what they wanted.  They returned the check with interest.  Now they say it is not closed.  It was such a mental burden to me.  I told them I didn't know what they wanted me to do.  I never heard from them again.  The case was apparently closed.

=======================================================================