Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Man after God's own heart

Joseph Meriweather ... pastor

Last night I was thinking about when Samuel reproved Saul.  Samuel said ...
But now thy kingdom shall not continue: the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart, and the LORD hath commanded him to be captain over his people, because thou hast not kept that which the LORD commanded thee. I Samuel 13:14

I went to sleep thinking about this, and dreamed about telling a friend in the LORD, whom I once knew, how GOD had chosen David to be king, a man after his own heart

I woke up out of this dream with it on my mind.  David loved doing the will of the LORD and doing God's commandments.  I, myself, must love the Lord and HIS commandments and do them.  The LORD also can remove us from receiving His WORD if we do not obey, and that which God would have given us can then be given to someone who will obey His WORD. 

Mark 4:24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given. 25 For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

In Matthew 25 we are told about the servant who failed to use that which was given him by God ...

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: 25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. 

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: 27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. 28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. 29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. 30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
================================