Thursday, June 21, 2012

Surprises from God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Several years ago, I was speaking with my contractor, Tom, and he began telling me how upset he was with all the stories about pedophiles among the Catholic priests.  Tom said he even thought about leaving the Catholic Church because of this.

I replied, "Well ... if they let their priests marry there wouldn't be as much trouble."

Tom said, "OH, I don't know about letting priests marry."

I said, "Peter was married."

Tom became visibly shaken ... (I had no idea the Catholic Church was built on the doctrine that priests couldn't marry because Peter wasn't married.)

Tom almost shouted ... "?Peter was married?"

I said, "Yes, Peter had a mother-in-law who was ill and Jesus healed her and she got up and served them."

And when Jesus was come into Peter’s house, he saw his wife’s mother laid, and sick of a fever. 15And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them.  Mt. 8

Pam and I were talking about this and I was sharing this with her and she broke up laughing again at this story which she had heard before, because Pam had been Catholic and said all her life she had heard the doctrine that priests couldn't marry because Peter wasn't married.

I had no idea when I said this to Tom that the Catholic church built their doctrine on this subject of Peter not being married!

But God knows when we don't know, and often I've found that God brings out of us the exact thing that will shake up or offend that person or group when their doctrine is false.

I was speaking once to an Assembly of God denomination.  I always just try to yield to Holy Spirit when I speak so I never know what will come out.  That night, I began speaking of how after I was born again, the Holy Spirit cast 3 devils out of me ... each time, this happened in the night as I slept and one of the examples was a double minded spirit that was skipping around in my chest cavity and ran directly into the Holy Spirit.  The double minded spirit tried to dart back and hide but the Holy Spirit just kept saying, "I see you ... come out of her ... you must go ... you must go ... you must go."  As that double minded spirit left me I began coughing like a choking sensation.

After I spoke this, I noticed a strange reaction from the congregation.  Later I learned they had been taught that evil spirits cannot live in a person who has the Holy Spirit.  (Wrong doctrine!)

God hits the people exactly where it reaches them when we yield to Holy Spirit and give examples brought to our mind as we speak to them.

========================================================================