Thursday, June 28, 2012

When God has told you to do something ...

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Psalm 68:28 ... Thy God hath commanded thy strength ...

I thought about this.  When God has told us to do something and we know it is God telling us, then our strength is in HIM and what HE has said to us.


I thought of the example of God telling them to go in and search out the land ... Numbers 13

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 2Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel:

So Moses did what God told him to do and sent men in to search out the land which God had given them.

When they returned, they brought the following report to Moses and to the children of God.

We came unto the land whither thou sentest us, and surely it floweth with milk and honey; and this is the fruit of it. 28Nevertheless the people be strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled, and very great: and moreover we saw the children of Anak there. 29The Amalekites dwell in the land of the south: and the Hittites, and the Jebusites, and the Amorites, dwell in the mountains: and the Canaanites dwell by the sea, and by the coast of Jordan. 30And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. 31But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. 32And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature.  33And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.  Numbers 13

But the point is, God told them HE gave them this land.  The circumstances did not matter at all.  The important thing is, "Who said this land would be your land?"

So always for us, the important thing is WHO is telling us to do that thing.  If it is God telling us by HIS Spirit then our strength will be of God.  So we go forward focused on the fact that it was God who told us to do this thing.  The circumstances do not matter at all if the direction to do it is from God.  We will overcome by the simple fact that we know the activity or project is authored by God HIMSELF.  And our strength will be God, not in ourselves.  

I try not to do anything unless I'm sure God told me to do it.  And when I am given something to do and am persuaded it is God telling me to do it, I usually do it quickly before the devil can reason me out of it.

But one very important point:   I am usually starting from a neutral position.  I'm not trying to do "great works" for God.  If that is your goal, the devil (angel of light) may give you some really "great" projects to do for God, and you will be destroyed by your own desire to do great things for God.  I'm not trying to do great things for God.  I just try to remain motionless (doing nothing) until I am instructed to do something.  And then I have to be fully persuaded the instruction is from God before I do it.
=============================