Sunday, June 17, 2012

Seek those things which are above ... HOW?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.  3For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Col. 3

Seek to know the way of God as we live on this present earth, in matters pertaining to this life.  The way of the world, the wisdom of the world is one thing.  What we should seek to know is the wisdom of God for us in the issue at hand.

Seek the will of God as we walk on this present earth.  Paul once said:  All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.  I Cor. 10:23

For ye are dead ...


When I moved to Lubbock in 2003, I looked for things to do.  I got the newspaper seeking things to do on this earth.  I went to the symphony.  I went to a museum group.  I went to various events at the university.  I enrolled in classes for older people, extended studies.  I went to plays.  Eventually I took up duplicate bridge and played in tournaments, some out of town.

In 2011, I quit bridge.  And when I quit, I knew there was nothing for me on this earth.  I didn't even try.  I didn't do as I had done before and look for events in newspaper.  I knew there was nothing for me on this earth.  I just stayed home, read Bible, read entertainment books (novels) /pastime books and waited. And I gave up personal achievement ... I gave up pursuits that would bring achievement to me ... glory of man ... But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. Gal. 6:14 ... Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, Phil. 2

We, who belong to God, are dead to things on this present earth. (We might try various things only to have the excitement go dead.  We might try being with various people only to have it all go dead.) Our life is hid with Christ in God.  We are waiting on HIM.  And as we wait, we pray, seeking the will of God daily.  We try to refrain doing "good" works of our own flesh, our own ideas, knowing such will be futile and even our "good" can end up being evil.

I see so many people doing "good works" ... At grocery they have several large dumpster bins where you can recycle bottles, cans, paper ... I see people diligently unloading large garbage bags into these dumpsters.  But I know this earth and all it's many works will be burned in the fire in the day of the Lord ... (II Peter 3) ... so how can I be motivated to recycle items knowing eventually God will recycle everything HIMSELF.

I see people voting at the booths set up at grocery ... I see people proudly wearing pins that say, "I voted."  I see people who think it will make a difference, but I know what Paul said:  But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. II Tim. 3  My hope is not in governments of men.  My hope is God.

I see "ministers" running to and fro compromising various scriptures to please men and to draw men to themselves, getting bigger and bigger.  I know they will only grow to be cut down.  And I remember these words of Jesus:  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation. 15Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. Mt. 23

Only those works authored by God will stand.  Jesus said He will turn many away at the day of judgment.  They will come saying they did this or that in His name and He will command them to depart from Him and He will call them workers of iniquity.  The works they present to him were not authored by God but were just ideas out of their own flesh though they had appearance of "good works".

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  Mt. 7

So I know we can't just jump up and do a "good work", just because it seems like a good idea to us but we must turn to God and commit the idea to God and wait until HE totally persuades us the idea is from HIM.  Only then is it "safe" to do that work.

In the meantime, we are simply waiting for our life to appear ... When Jesus appears, we will appear with HIM when we belong to HIM.

and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.  14For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city. Heb. 11

==========================================