Monday, August 10, 2015

Importance of living in truth and establishing truth

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus said:  23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth:for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit:and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Jn. 4

Living in truth in all things, spiritual and secular, must be a way of life for each of us.

We must diligently pursue truth.  We cannot afford to be lazy or sloppy concerning truth. 

God spoke about this in Jeremiah 9 ...

God said:

 1 Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears,
that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!
2 Oh that I had in the wilderness a lodging place of wayfaring men;
that I might leave my people, and go from them!
for they be all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men.
3 And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies:
but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; 


God said  5 And they will deceive every one his neighbour,
and will not speak the truth:
they have taught their tongue to speak lies,
and weary themselves to commit iniquity. 


It can be such a habit that even when it is something very simple you cannot speak straightly to a simple question.


A woman in our little church group brought me a broiled chicken.  I asked her, "Did you buy a chicken for you?"  

She hesitated a moment and then replied, "Yes."

Later when I went to get some of the chicken, I saw the dark meat was removed.  She did not speak truthfully to me.  Instead of saying, "Yes", she should have said, "I ate the dark meat from this chicken and brought you the white meat."

Truth has not been a way of life with this woman.  She has taught her tongue to lie and wearies herself to commit iniquity, as Jeremiah 9 says. 

After the correction I brought to her by the Holy Spirit, I am hopeful she will begin to consider this and learn another way, a way of straight speaking, a way of truth.


Truth is of God and lies are of the devil.

John 8 ... Jesus said ... 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own:for he is a liar, and the father of it.

I Jn. 1 ... 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Unless we love the truth and walk in the truth, we will end up separating ourselves from God and from the people of God for truth cannot abide in falseness

When I spoke to this woman about this, I told her that her witness was not truth.  She gave a false witness. (A false witness will mislead the hearer.)  And if a witness on such a small, "unimportant" matter is false how can she be trusted in her other witnesses?

Also we will be judged for every idle word we speak.

Mt. 12 ... 33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt:for the tree is known by his fruit. 34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things:and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

The apostle John spoke about how much truth means to him in following.

II Jn.  ... 1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; 2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever. 3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.


III Jn. ...  1 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth.
2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth

4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 

Before we were born again falseness was a way of life.  But the apostle Paul tell us the following:

Colossians 3:9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

Each of us must examine our words and make our words truthful, bearing a true witness in all things, being established among men as truthful in our speaking.  Otherwise what witness can we be if we show false witness and then try to speak of the way of God.  It would be impossible.  A fountain cannot bear both sweet and bitter water.  Neither can we.

And we must go the extra mile which is often required for us to check into matters to be sure we have the truth about the issue.  We must not be lazy nor sloppy.  Devils will surely move in if we handle matters falsely even when we do not know we are dealing falsely.  If we speak falsely, devil will reign.

Therefore God warns us as follows:

Revelation 21 ... 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone:which is the second death.