Tuesday, August 25, 2015

We must try the spirits to see whether thought is from God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Thoughts come to us which would cause us to go the wrong way.  Here are three examples of wrong spirit giving us ideas.

==========

Barbara Preston 

 The other day I was wiping off my counter tops in the kitchen. I found myself wondering...When we sell this house, should we have the counter tops resealed.

Then I realized that we are not even thinking about selling our house. I thought about the following scripture in order to pull myself back to the reality of the present moment...

Matt 6 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.


Pam Padgett 

My kitchen has not been updated since this house was built in 1985.  It functions ok, but it is definitely "dated" looking.   

A few days ago a thought came that I should remodel the kitchen in case I ever want to sell my house

Immediately, however, I was reminded of what we're told in Matthew 6:34: 

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

There is no need to remodel the kitchen "today".  Because of this scripture, I have refrained from taking any action based on this thought for the morrow (the possibility of selling my house at some time in the future). 

And when I've recognized thoughts about the future, such as how the kitchen could be changed and some of the things that would need to be done to make these changes, I've tried to stop that line of thought (I find it it takes work and discipline to do this) and to focus on this scripture instead to help me take no thought for tomorrow.


Joan Boney  

Recently, I was thinking about dying.  (I am 78 years old, almost) 

When I die, Pam Padgett will likely have to make arrangements to dispose of this house.   Thoughts came that maybe I should get the house ready to sell.  I turned to God with this and had it brought to my attention that when the house is to be sold, Pam can contact a realtor and have the realtor get the house in condition to sell.  Realtors know painters and such.   ... or they could discount the price of house and offer it for sale "as is".  Either way I would not have to be distracted by construction workers.  The plan God gave me was an excellent option plan.

Comments by Joan Boney

So many wrong directions thoughts come from our own flesh, especially thoughts dealing with "tomorrow" ...

Wrong directions thoughts are also sent to our minds by devil ... These will be wrong but will also often be distracting and take us away from Word of God as they distract us.

The apostle John said:

I Jn. 4 ...  1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God:Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them:because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world:therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God:he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Sometimes it is clear that the thought is from either flesh or devil because it is opposite to scripture in some way.  Or it is opposite to the direction God has given us to go.

If you are of God and have faith, you can try the spirit behind the thought by saying, "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  Barbara, Pam and I have done this many times.

Or you can pray, asking God if that idea is from HIM ... and wait for HIM to confirm it.
But one way or another you must confirm that thought ... is the spirit behind that thought from God or is it another spirit ...?  You must not act on the thought until you have confirmed the spirit behind the thought.  Just wait until you have confirmed it.

The last days will have even more deception.  Mt. 24 & II Tim. 3