Sunday, August 16, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 2

From Cathy Varner

Years ago, our kitchen was a trouble to me because the walls were a mess.  Wallpaper was half on and half torn off in places and some places had plain drywall with plaster splotches.  It looked terrible and I kept fretting and trying to figure out what to do, how to fix it up, what paint or wallpaper I'd want.  My husband didn't seem to have any interest in fixing it.

One day I was reminded of what we're told in I John 2 about lusts, and also that a strong desire was a lust.  I knew I was being shown my wrong in the kitchen situation for I had a very strong desire that the walls get finished.  I also had a dream where I took off my work gloves and walked away from house remodeling/repairs, and believed this too was showing me to "walk away" and not involve myself with these things.

I Jn.2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.  If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.


It was quite a struggle with my flesh but this scripture and the dream gave me the strength to stay out of redecorating the kitchen.

==========



Please share with us the examples you have where you stood on a scripture to fight fear or persecution so we can print your example on the blog to encourage others.  

Email: joanboney@sbcglobal.net