Sunday, August 16, 2015

A warning: Beware of your own cleverness / of delighting in your cleverness ... this is evil jesting

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently a man in our little church group said, "I think I have too many doctors ... does any body want one of them."

When I read this, I shuddered.  I knew there was evil in what he said though it seems wise.

This man's wife reported that God gave them Proverbs 3 ... to help them get though his many medical problems.

One instruction in Proverbs 3 is ... "Be not wise in thine own eyes."

I received a very nice, repentant letter from this man ... He said:  "I have repented for my foolish talk and pride and I ask you to forgive me for burdening you with this nonsense.   I should have been thankful to God for the doctors He has given me.  I think I shuddered a little bit myself when I read Matthew 12:36 and Ephesians 5 about no foolish talking or jesting.  I’m very sorry for my foolish pride.  I know you will forgive me and I thank you very much."

==========

A woman in our little church group said when she read the report of Pam concerning Catholic church and knew I sent it to Catholic woman who is a bit like a daughter to me, she laughed.  She said, "It reminded her of the way we tease our animals."

At first I laughed.  And she told the same thing to me a second time and we both laughed.

But today I was reading Matthew 12 and the following pierced my heart.

Mt. 12 ... Jesus said ... 36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

 By these clever sayings, we show ourselves to be wise and clever.  We lift up ourselves by such.  We do not glorify God.  We glorify ourselves.  And this is evil.


Eph. 5 ...  3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient:but rather giving of thanks. 5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6 Let no man deceive you with vain words:for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

I received the following letter from this woman:  "When I read what you said about me saying sending Pam's message to Betsy was like teasing her as we do our animals, I was reminded of the scripture concerning foolish talk and jesting. I know I have a problem in this area of trying to be amusing. Also seems irreverent to a work authored by God to have said this. Am very sorry I did.

Scripture on how we will be judged by every idle word we speak scared me. I know I need to meditate in these scriptures and get these things under control."


To profane the word of God is to make the word of God secular.  The testimony of Pam is the word of God which has the power to change people.  I laughed all the way through this testimony of Pam's and rejoiced that I got to send it to Betsy for there might be a chance Betsy would read it.   Also it corrected Betsy by showing she could not dictate and control everything by herself, by her will.  I knew she needed that jolt that this might provide.

It is the following situation:  Peter and the other apostles were commanded not to speak in the name of Jesus ... not to testify the works and word of God to the people.  This is Betsy did.  In essence she was saying "Don't speak to me of this/comparing the Bible to Catholic doctrine".  But it was the will of God for Peter to speak and I believe it was the will of God for me to speak Bible truths.  I was delighted to have another way to speak to Betsy and Pam's story of having been raised Catholic gave Betsy another opportunity to hear the truth about Bible and Catholic church doctrine so I rejoice in getting to send this to Betsy. 

Acts 5 ...  27 And when they had brought them (Peter and the other apostles), they set them before the council:and the high priest asked them, 28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.