Friday, August 14, 2015

Building your house on a rock, on the Word

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I delivered a message to a Catholic woman and she struck out at me.

One of the women in our little church group read the report and knew I would be suffering.  She thought of contacting me.  Then she thought I was so strong I wouldn't need help.

So which way did she choose to go?  Did she contact me and provide comfort?  Or did she ignore me?  And how did she make her decision on which to do?

She went by her own feelings and ignored me.

I have seen this same woman make wrong decisions and follow the wrong idea over and over in the past few weeks.  Why is she following the wrong idea?

I called her and began working through her problem with her.  What is causing her to make one choice over the other when there is a choice to make?

When I asked her how she decided which way to go in this decision, she said she just went by her feelings.

This is building your house upon the sand and it will not stand.

Concerning bringing comfort to me, I asked her what the scriptures would say about this.  Could she think of any scripture that would pertain to this.

She was pretty vague but could think of a few words of one scripture.

I looked up scriptures on "communicate" and found the following scriptures.

Galatians 6:6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.


Philippians 4:14 Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.


1 Timothy 6:18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

Hebrews 13:16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

We discussed these 4 scriptures.  Do they show her to communicate with me to provide comfort or to ignore me.

If she had looked up scriptures and let them rule over her in this matter I know she would have made the right choice instead of the wrong choice.

The only thing we can build on is scripture.  It is the rock, the foundation in following God and in making decisions.

Mt. 7 ... Jesus says ... 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not:for it was founded upon a rock. 
26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell:and great was the fall of it.

Paul said we must run the race "to obtain" ... and not as one who "beats his arms in the air", flailing about to no results.

The only "rock" is the Word.  When we do something and people strike out against us for what we did the only thing strong enough to cause us to stand in the storm of life is the Word we have on the matter.  We can cling to that safely.

The only way we overcome the troubles is by the Word we have on the subject.

The only way we can make correct choices is by having the Word to guide us.

If you fail to build on the Word and if you fail to get a word for your situation, working through it carefully before making your choice, then you have no sure foundation and you will be weak and tossed about and eventually your house will fall.