Sunday, August 30, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 18

From Joan Boney

When I was a new Christian, in 1975, I owned a business in Dallas, TX. (USA)

A man filed a law suit against me.  The bills from my attorneys were eating up all the profit from my business and I was about to go into debt.  I turned to God with this problem and was reminded of the following scripture:  Isaiah 54:17 ... 17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.


Based on this word, I decided to dismiss my lawyers and go to court without any human legal counsel.

I told my lawyer what I had decided to do and he said to me, "Joan, you can't do this.  You don't understand how evil these courts are."  

Gordon then said:  "We are willing to work with you.  It will only take about $10,000 more to try your case."

I was shocked!  I cried out, " $10,000 more ...  Gordon ... stop ... don't do anything else."

I dismissed the lawyers and planned to go to court without lawyers.

About a week after this Gordon called me and said they had decided to represent me without further cost to me.

What is going on here?

One week it is going to cost $10,000 more   ... now it is going to be free?"

I told Gordon I would have to get back with him on this.

I turned to God in prayer, asking HIM what HE wanted me to do about this "free" legal service and immediately I was reminded of the following which showed me what to do ...

Genesis 14 ...  22 And Abram said to the king of Sodom, I have lift up mine hand unto the Lord, the most high God, the possessor of heaven and earth, 23 That I will not take from a thread even to a shoelatchet, and that I will not take any thing that is thine, lest thou shouldest say, I have made Abram rich:

I knew God was telling me to decline this "free" legal service.

I told Gordon I could not accept this.  I continued to plan to go to court without human legal service.

Six days before the trial was to begin in US District Court, the man dropped all charges against everyone.  (He was also suing several other dealers in American Indian Arts and he was suing the Better Business Bureaus of Dallas and Fort Worth.)

During the time this suit hung over me, a period of months, I received many scriptures from God by the Holy Spirit reminding me of the scripture.  I took each of these scriptures and wrote them down and looked at them throughout the day to give me strength.  Also I recorded them on both sides of a cassette tape and when I went to bed at night I started the tape and heard these verses of scripture.  When I awoke during the night, I would turn the tape over and hear the scriptures again.  I did this every night for months as I awaited the court trial.

We stand on that word given us by God but we must also work to keep that word before us day and night.  

Joshua 1 ... 8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein:for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. 9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

==========


Please share with us the examples you have where you stood on a scripture to fight fear or persecution so we can print your example on the blog to encourage others.  

Email: joanboney@sbcglobal.net