Sunday, August 16, 2015

Deceivers

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Tim. 1:4 ... Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.


Fables means:

- fabricate or invented stories
- a false statement or belief

So many times I've heard preachers "fabricate" (invent) stories and when I have taken Bible and looked the story up I have seen the deception in the way they told the story.


Acts 17:10 ... These (Bereans) were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

I visited a church group several years ago in Clovis, NM.  (USA)  The pastor was teaching from Jn. 8 about the woman taken in adultery.  He said when the woman was brought to Jesus, she was naked from her waist up.  I was very shocked.  Immediately I took my Bible and opened it to John 8 and reread this passage.  What this pastor said was not in this scripture.  He just made it up.

1Tim. 1 ... Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: 6From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;  7Desiring to be teachers of the law;  understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm. 

To swerve  means:

- depart, leave, turn aside, stray
- to change direction abruptly

They will be speaking a scripture and just swerve from the truth and present a story they make up.


The pastor of a church was teaching about Abraham and Sarah.  He said, "Haggar was Sarah's 1/2 sister."  I was shocked.  I had never heard that.  I went to Bible and could not find that.  I called this pastor and asked him where it says that in Bible.  At first he said he couldn't remember.  Then I told him this is very important to me and I asked him to look it up and have his secretary call me and tell me where it is in Bible.  Finally he confessed what he taught is not in the Bible.  This is just another example of swerving from the scripture and making up a "fable" (fabrication)

Several times in past few months people have brought me fables and presented such as truth from God.


One man told me when Jesus fed the 5000, HE lifted the bread & fishes into heaven and prayed over them. (As this man told this he dramatically demonstrated lifting the food into heaven.) 

I had no recollection of Jesus lifting the bread & fishes into heaven as this man described.  So I looked it up.  There is nothing saying Jesus did this.  This man just made it up.  I showed it to him. 

Mt. 14 ... And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the grass, and took the five loaves, and the two fishes, and looking up to heaven, he blessed, and brake, and gave the loaves to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.

He said, "It is good that you look things up."  But he went on to make up more things which are not in Bible and he attached those doctrines to scripture but the things he said were not in the scripture he quoted. (Each time, I brought correction.)  This is example of a man who is a false teacher.  A false teacher teaches false things, adding to scripture and taking away from scripture to suit himself and his own ideas, often dramatizing the events to try to make his ideas important.

Yet another man told me he was going to start a "gaming ministry" whereby he would go on line and play various games and try as he played games to share Jesus with the other players.  He called this a "gaming ministry."  I told him ministers are "apostle, prophet, evangelist, pastor, teacher" ... Eph. 4 ....

I told him this "gaming ministry" is a bunch of crap.   He had told me he had been addicted to playing games on internet and this almost destroyed his marriage.  Now he thinks he can go back "in the name of Jesus" and do a good work.  I told him he would never be able to play these games without trying to beat his opponent and that is a work of the flesh, emulation, Gal. 5.

We see that Jesus didn't sit about trying to figure out how he could minister the word of God to sinners.  Jesus just walked about on this earth and spoke what God put into HIS ear as the situation arose.  All this planning and scheming to minister is a way of man and will end up being futile and harmful to others who listen to such.

And as this man continued to talk about "his" ministry, I told him no man draws us to God.  Jesus said: No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him:  (Jn. 6:44)

Acts 2:47 ...the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.


We might be permitted to speak a word to someone but God does as HE wills with each person.

And when we do speak, it must be in truth.  Psa. 33:4 ... For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth. 

A couple of days after this man left town, the Holy Spirit got my attention concerning something else about this man.  This man says he can't read Bible because he can't focus because he has ADS.  But he can sit for hours at a time and focus on gaming on Internet.  This man lives in deception in many ways.

So many people come to us today saying, "Jesus is Lord", and wanting to tell what God is doing while they live and act in hypocrisy in the name of Jesus.

Jesus told us this would happen in the last days ...

Mt. 24 ...And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.



When someone speaks a doctrine, we must prove the doctrine.  We do this by prayer and Bible reading through the Holy Spirit.

I Thess. 5:21 ... Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.


When one of these deceivers comes to me, I prove the doctrine ... I even bring correction as the Holy Spirit shows me.  But then I just put the deceiver away from me.  For this careless misuse of scripture in an attempt to glorify himself will not stop.  We who belong to God have a very strong caring for scripture that we not misuse scripture, adding to nor taking away.  The deceivers just keep twisting scripture to their own preference.  I do not continue with them nor will I allow them in my house nor will I read their emails nor will I answer the phone if they call.  I just put them away.