Sunday, August 23, 2015

Doing this scripture pays very big dividends

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I had set my goal to do the following scripture:  Take no thought for tomorrow.  Mt. 6

When a thought comes about tomorrow, I find I am stopping and saying:  "Take no thought for tomorrow." and often I go back and look at the scripture which tells us to take no thought for tomorrow.

Jesus says ...  34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow:for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.  Mt. 6

I've stopped going to the TV guide where I would plan TV watchings for "tomorrow."  Instead I can just check the TV guide when I turn TV on today and set today's programs, not thinking of tomorrow.


Several times when I have been talking by phone with Pam Padgett, I've caught myself saying something that applies to tomorrow.  I just stop talking about that tomorrow issue and say to myself, "Take no thought for tomorrow" as Pam and I continue talking.  She probably doesn't even realize I am doing all this but I am.

It takes a lot of work to do a scripture ... to really do it.

We have to work to build a root system and to make that scripture our way of life.

In the past, when I've had a major instruction such as this, I have spent months on doing that instruction before it really took root and became a way of life.

Even though I don't have it yet, I can see some real fruits a a result of my working at doing this.  I feel a deeper level of peace and calm since I've been doing this:  Take no thought for tomorrow.

Also I realize how much energy it takes when we are thinking of tomorrow.

And I compare this to the instruction of:  I Tim.  ... 6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.  

I worked very hard to make verse 8 a part of my life ... "having food and raiment let us therewith be content.(To read this is one thing.  To live this is another thing. We have to work at it to actually live it.) 

I find it amazing to realize how much and how often I think of tomorrow ... and how much effort I have to apply to stop doing this.  But this instruction will take root with doing it and when the root is deep enough, it will become a way of life.

I rarely think of money now.  (after working  with I Tim. and continuing to work with this as needed) 

In time Mt. 6 ... take no thought for tomorrow ... will take root as I correct myself daily and turn myself daily according to this instruction.

It takes a good deal of effort and attention if you want to do the word of God and have that word reign over you. 

 (also I find I'm not rushing about as much as I once did ... I'm not jumping from one thing to another as much as I did prior to working on this scripture.  I'm more settled in mind and attention, even though I've only worked seriously on this scripture for about two days.)