Thursday, August 13, 2015

Jesus speaks to us that our joy might be full

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jn. 15 ... 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Recently I was working with a woman and as we spoke a word came to me from God showing the exact root cause of her problem which is what we needed to know.  I rejoiced!  But I didn't feel this woman rejoiced.  It seemed to her that now she had to do something and this seemed a burden.

When I receive a word from God, even a word of correction, I rejoice for now I know what the problem really is and I see the way to go because of that word.  All I have to do now is to keep that word before me and do it day and night and continue to do it.  Before I was in darkness.  Now I can walk in the light of that word.

I was sharing this by phone with Pam Padgett.  She had recently seen that wonderful movie, "The miracle worker", the story of Helen Keller.

Pam said it reminded her of the way Helen Keller would swing her arms about as she walked because she could not see where she was going.  We are like that before we hear that word God gives us.  We try all manner of things to no avail.  But when God gives us a word, we can now go in a straight path.

To do this, we take that word, and keep it before us and apply it to our lives daily and continue in that word.

We must not sluff it off, reading it and going on to other thing.

That word is life ... our other paths are death.

The word given to us by God should bring joy, not sorrow, for now we see the correct way to go.