Saturday, August 22, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 9

From Barbara Preston 

 Recently I was talking on the phone to my daughter (who is not born again).  I mentioned a concern I had about my feet and ankles seeming a little swollen.  My daughter, who is a pharmacist, suggested that I weigh myself each day to see if my body is retaining water.  This sounded reasonable when she said it but, after I got off the phone, I was thinking about what she had suggested and heard the following scripture...

Ps 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...

I believe what my daughter suggested was based on the wisdom of man.  I believe the scripture I heard was from the Holy Spirit.  So I am not doing this.

==========



Please share with us the examples you have where you stood on a scripture to fight fear or persecution so we can print your example on the blog to encourage others.  

Email: joanboney@sbcglobal.net