Monday, August 24, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 11

From Cathy Varner

Many years ago, I learned that one of our neighbors was getting divorced, a couple with a young child.  I was surprised.  I'd learned not long before that, that one of my nephews had divorced.  As I was thinking about all the various people I knew that had been divorced ( it seemed there were so many), Psalm 91:7 came to me.   A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

I felt God was showing me that I didn't need to worry, that no matter how many others were divorcing, it would not come nigh me, it would not happen to me.  This, along with other things through the years, mostly dreams, has given me hope and sustained me, especially when there have been troubles and rifts in my marriage.  God has always been faithful to keep us together, to somehow smooth things over when there is trouble and cause us to go forward together peacefully.  I have come to really believe this scripture and it settles me greatly about my marriage.

==========


Please share with us the examples you have where you stood on a scripture to fight fear or persecution so we can print your example on the blog to encourage others.  

Email: joanboney@sbcglobal.net