Sunday, August 23, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 10

From Pam Padgett 

 My kitchen has not been updated since this house was built in 1985.  It functions ok, but it is definitely "dated" looking.   

A few days ago a thought came that I should remodel the kitchen in case I ever want to sell my house

Immediately, however, I was reminded of what we're told in Matthew 6:34: 

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

There is no need to remodel the kitchen "today".  Because of this scripture, I have refrained from taking any action based on this thought for the morrow (the possibility of selling my house at some time in the future). 

And when I've recognized thoughts about the future, such as how the kitchen could be changed and some of the things that would need to be done to make these changes, I've tried to stop that line of thought (I find it it takes work and discipline to do this) and to focus on this scripture instead to help me take no thought for tomorrow.

==========



Please share with us the examples you have where you stood on a scripture to fight fear or persecution so we can print your example on the blog to encourage others.  

Email: joanboney@sbcglobal.net