Monday, August 24, 2015

Help from God

Cathy Varner ... Member of the body of Christ

Very recently God helped me in 2 instances to find something.  These are very small, insignificant matters, but especially because I believed it was God who helped me, it made me so happy.

I have a small plastic "book light" that I use during the night if I wake up and want to write down a dream I've just had, if my husband is sleeping.  Yesterday, or maybe the night before, I dropped this on a part of the floor which is concrete.  It came all apart.  When I first looked for the parts I easily saw one round battery and a small plastic flat piece.  But in the main part there were round holes to accommodate 2 batteries.  I looked and looked, coming back several different times, praying for help to find the battery.  I knew that in the past God had let me find things, even when it wasn't right away, so I didn't give up hope.  Then one time as I was looking, I saw something round and metal between the mattress and the bed frame, which I thought might be just the back of a screw.  It was the battery!  I was amazed for this was such a narrow, out of the way, hard to see place.  Then I put the batteries in, but they wouldn't stay put and the light didn't come on.  I wondered what was wrong and then remembered the small flat piece I'd found, and this ended up being the cover for the batteries.  It all fit together and the light worked again.

Yesterday I couldn't find the hair rubber band I usually use to put my hair in a ponytail.  I looked all over.  I can't remember, but I think I prayed for help.  I had the thought that maybe I'd gone to sleep with it still in my hair. (So perhaps it had fallen out in the night).  I rarely do that.  I usually take it out before bed.  But I pulled back the covers and there was the hair band.