Friday, August 21, 2015

We are well able to overcome

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Caleb said ... Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome ... Num. 13:30


Look what God has given us to use in overcoming ...

- The Holy Spirit ...
    - To teach us all things ...
    - To remind us of everything the word says
    - To guide us into all truth
    - To show us things to come  (Jn. 14:26 & Jn. 16:13)

-  The angels of the Lord ... 
   Psa. 91:11 ... For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

- Jesus sits at right hand of God and intercedes for us ... Romans 8:34...34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

-  The Holy Spirit intercedes for us according to the will of God in the matter at hand.  Romans 8:26-27...26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

- Promises from God in Bible ... 
  II Peter 1 ... According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:  4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. 

- Plus we can pray directly to God and ask for help.  And HE will not fail us.  Heb. 13:5... 5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have:for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.


- In the midst of the temptation, God makes a way of escape for us ... 
  I Cor. 10:13 ... There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 

- Jesus said "none" can pluck us out of God's hand when we belong to HIM and follow HIM.
  Jn. 10:My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and none is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.  

- God put HIS laws in our minds and wrote HIS laws on our heart.  (new covenant)
  Heb. 8 ... For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:   11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. 12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.  


Is it any wonder that Paul said ... in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.  Romans 8:37

I would think it would be helpful to keep these scriptures before us for awhile and keep looking at these truths to build ourselves up in the faith.  We might slip a little.  But HE will pull us back up, especially when we cling to HIM and hold on to HIS promises and follow HIM.  The above scriptures should help greatly.  I can't stand the idea of the world overcoming me.  That is out of order.  That should not happen.  We must not allow that to happen.  Like Caleb said, 
Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome ... Num. 13:30

==========

One thing I have begun doing ... in afternoon or early evening, I go back to the day's writings on the blog and look again at each scripture printed that day and think again about that scripture, what it is saying and how it fits into my life.

We certainly need more, not less, in these days.

And we need to slow down, thinking on that which God is saying to us.  What is more important in our lives than that which God is saying to us?

Discipline yourself to slow down and really read what God is saying ... It is a discipline ...  

And if you've already read that example many times in past, don't rush through it.  For when you rush through the example and skim over the example to see if there is anything new, you feed the wrong spirit and handle the Word of God incorrectly.

I Cor. 11 ... 27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.