Thursday, August 20, 2015

Standing on the Word of God series: Example 6

From Barbara Preston   

I have high blood pressure and for a number of years, because I hate going to the doctor, I just bought my BP meds off internet.  At one point, I stopped taking my blood pressure at home because I was afraid to find out what it was.  I lived in fear like this for quite a while.  Then one day I was talking to God about this, asking Him what I should do. 

I heard the word...Glaucoma.  I was reminded of 2 people I know who have this eye disease and thought how they go to the ophthalmologist regularly to have eye pressure tested and to see if any medication changes are needed.  And, if so, they follow doctor's instructions on this.  I knew by this that God was telling me to go to doctor.

Also I was reminded of the following scripture...2 Tim 1 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

I realized that how I had been handling this situation was not a sound/wise way in which to go, so I saw this as further evidence that I should start going to doctor which I did, making appointment right after I received this information.

==========



Please share with us the examples you have where you stood on a scripture to fight fear or persecution so we can print your example on the blog to encourage others.  

Email: joanboney@sbcglobal.net