Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A very happy story

From Joan Boney (This happened on Monday, 8-17-15)


A week ago, a mother cat and her three kittens showed up in my back yard.  One kitten was so tiny.  I've never seen a cat that tiny.

I began feeding them.

The mother cat (Calico) is very vicious and tries to attack me when I take food out.  The kittens flee when they see me.

Because of the viciousness of the mother cat, I've been slipping the food bowls under my gate which is adjacent to my garage door. (also water bowls)

The bowl would quickly be empty and I would put another bowl out.  They were eating about 3 bowls a day.

I went to Wall-mart and bought two large size dog bowls ... one for food and the other for water.  That worked very well.  The food bowl would then last almost 3 days before it emptied.

I have fountain in back yard and the sprinkler comes on 2 days a week and fills the bottom level of the fountain and they also drink from fountain.

I have an 8 ft cinder-block fence all around the back yard so they have good protection.

I have large evergreen trees that go all the way to ground so they can get under the trees and have good protection also.

My back porch is very good, for rain never comes all the way up the porch so it is good protection.

I hadn't seen the small grey kitten for about 6 days.,  I really thought it was dead.  I was so sorry, although I don't want any cats.

I came home today and that little grey kitten was eating out of the food bowl.  I was so glad that it is alive.

============

Another truly amazing story.  Today I went to Wall-mart.  In one aisle a woman saw me trying to get a plastic container off the top shelf and she came to help me.

I told her some stray cats moved in and I wanted to get a container to keep cat food instead of keeping it in the bag.

She is a cat lover and lives on a farm and said she has lots of stray cats.

We talked awhile.

I went on then through Wall-mart and then I noticed my jacket was missing.  I went back to all the aisles and couldn't find it.

I reported it to customer service.

I went to pay my bill and my credit card was gone along with my car keys.

I was really frightened.

I went back quickly to car, thinking maybe the keys were in the ignition.

Before I could get to car, an older man was chasing me.  In his hand he had my car keys and credit card.  He found them in the street in front of Wal-mart. 

Then I went back to pay for my purchases and another man caught up with me and asked me if I had lost a jacket.  I said, "YES" ... His wife was the cat person and found my jacket. 

This man told me to wait there at cash register and he would get it for me.

When he came back with it I told him how grateful I was for him to bring it back.  He said, "This is your lucky day.  You should be in Las Vegas."

I paused a moment before saying to him, "I am a Christian and God provides for me and takes such good care of me that I wouldn't want to depend on myself.  I'd rather have God's provision."

He paused, and with a good spirit said ... "You're right."

I came home.

I had planned to go to Costco.  I took my Wall-mart purchases home.  I then backed the car out of my garage and said to myself, "Why am I doing this?"  I pulled back into garage, turned motor off and lowered the garage door.

That's when I went into house and saw that grey kitten that I thought was dead eating out of food bowl on back porch.  I was so happy.