Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Faith Movement was almost right

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the faith movement, we were taught to overcome our problems by hunting a scripture to stand on.

There is one problem with this ... it leaves God out.

What we should do is this:  When there is a problem, we should turn to God in prayer, laying out before God the problem.  Then if a scripture is called to our attention after we pray, that is a scripture we keep before us day and night, thus standing on the word revealed to us by God.

(Or God might call a dream to our memory and we would stand on that, for when dreams are from God those dreams are the word of God just as much as a scripture is the word of God.)

An example:    My cleaning lady has tendency to rise up against me and to think I am wrong in way I handle various issues.  I have prayed often over this matter.  Recently while praying, I was reminded of this:  "Let your yea be yea, and your nay, nay." James 5:12

In dealing with the cleaning woman, I am too chatty, giving entrance for her to attack me.  I need instead to control my tongue.

I kept this before me day and night to try to teach myself to do this with her.

She came here on Monday and I had written this scripture down on a post-it-note and kept it before me even before she arrived at house.  I needed to leave her a note asking her to set the dryer on higher running time for the sheets are still damp.   I put this note with her money on counter.  I rewrote the note several times as a result of the scripture, "Let your yea be yea, and your nay, nay," to try to be less wordy, not giving entrance to condemnation.  She read the note and came to me and said, "Are the sheets still damp?"  I replied, "A little."  That is all I said.

Things were a great deal better this past Monday as a result of my doing that scripture.

But it is not over.  I must keep doing this with her.

This is hearing from God after praying over a problem and standing on that word given by God by doing the instruction God gives and by continuing to do it. 

Mt. 16 ...   13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist:some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The "rock" upon which we stand is that word revealed to us by God.

The church is built upon that word revealed by God.

And the gates of hell will not prevail against that word revealed by God.


We can hunt for a scripture and we might fall.  But we will never fall when we turn to God with the problem and hear from God, doing as HE instructs, standing on a scripture brought to our mind by the Spirit of God or standing on a dream brought to mind by the spirit of God.

This part was missing from the faith movement doctrine when I attended those churches in the 1980's.

==========

Sometimes we are given a scripture even before we fully realize there is a problem.

A woman from my high school wrote me and in her note to me she began telling about her plans for the upcoming holidays ... she and husband were going to her daughter's house for Thanksgiving holiday ... in October her grandson married and they went to the wedding ... For Christmas she was having many people into her house for dinner ...

As I read her note, I was reminded of the following scripture.

Col. 3 ...  3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

I have no husband.  I have no daughter.  I have no grandson.  I have no people coming to my house for Christmas.  I will be alone Christmas day.

But the answer is in Col. 3:3-4.

When I was reminded of this scripture, I said aloud with excitement:  "That's right!"

I kept this scripture before me for several weeks after receiving it and I turned to it many times to stand on as people celebrated various worldly holidays together, including the get together of the Super Bowl in American football.  (While I had no one to be with to "celebrate".)


Standing on that which you receive from God is the power in overcoming the issues of this present life.